FusionHub Host ID change

As reported in other posts

If a VM is either migrated to another host server, the id will change an invalidate the license. The only way is to restore/ reload with a released or new license and complete restore of the config or setup within incontrol.

I can understand from a licensing standpoint how this is necessary, but it’s also a problem.

A) If I wanted to host this on my cluster, during updates VM’s are live migrated off the host being updated which would trigger the license fail and killing all services. At least I have some control or knowledge of when this happens.
B) If you’re on a cloud service provider like DO, Vultur, etc this can happen any time for any reason and without any notice to the end user.

Request:

1. Enable some form of grace period so service is not shutdown when this happens.
  2. Rerunning the setup wizard fails to show the license option to either register the released license or apply a new one. Either add that feature to the setup wizard or add some other capability to reclaim the license without a complete rebuild/ restore of the VM.
2 Likes

I agree. licensing issues have always been far too annoyingly easy to trigger on the Fusionhub.
Needs a rethink.

3 Likes