Firmware 8.3.0 RC 4

TU. I am thinking it may be due to the AP FW in use, 3.9.2s007. I see another location where 3.9.1 is in use that seems fine. Thanks for the sanity check.

2 Likes

I’m testing a MAX MBX Mini 5G using Synergy on WAN1 to a MAX BR2 Pro 5G on it’s LAN1 port and seeing instability.

The issue is that all of the connections from the BR2 Pro 5G go offline for a short period and come back. Sometimes each of the items on the dashboard show “No Device Detected”, or simply “Obtaining IP Address” as if it has just rebooted. It’s happened a few times this afternoon/evening. I can’t see anything obvious, and it doesn’t appear to have rebooted.

I also cannot login to the BR2 Pro 5G anymore via the link from the MBX Mini for the Synergy connection. I type in the admin password and am just redirected to the login page. InControl shows that I’ve successfully logged in, but that’s not the case. I’ve rebooted the BR2 and MBX multiple times.

1 Like

I noticed a very minor issue on a Surf SOHO running 8.3.0 RC4.

The “Wi-Fi” LED light on the front of the device does not light up. I have three 2.4 GHz SSIDs running with clients connected to each of them. Everything else is running smoothly.

1 Like

I’d open a support ticket so this can be tracked. I’ve opened two myself for bugs and they’re very responsive.

1 Like

Yeah, I would if it were causing me any issues, but I just wanted to bring it up since it’s something I noticed. Honestly, I don’t really care if the led is lit or not as long as the wifi is working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lai , this release still has the same issues with the Network → LAN page. Tested this time on a Core B1.

1. Custom DHCP server values that are separate by commas have the comma removed, so I can no longer save any other settings because the page complains that there is an invalid IP in a DHCP option.
    Example: (replaced some numbers with X for privacy)
    42. NTP Servers
    Value shown after firmware upgrade:
    10.XX.XX.1XX.XXX.32.5XXX.111.XXX.100XXX.163.4.104XX.56.178.140XXX.6.15.30
    Original value:
    10.XX.XX.1, XX.XXX.32.5, XXX.111.XXX.100, XXX.163.4.104, XX.56.178.140, XXX.6.15.30

2. Editing any custom DHCP option creates a duplicate entry. There is no way to edit existing entries anymore.

3. Deleting entries does not work. If I try to delete the above entry (in #1), click save, apply, then log off, refresh, and log back in again… the entry is still there.

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of very odd issues with a MAX BR2 Pro 5G running this version. It seems switch/port related.

I have both WAN ports connected to two different Starlink dishes. WAN1 routinely shows the Starlink down and gets stuck in “Connecting”. Rebooting clears it. Swapping the Starlink’s doesn’t do anything - WAN1 still eventually is marked down. I’m using an HTTP health check that I’ve used on tons of other installations.

Also, this was all working perfectly for months, even with 8.3.0, on an MBX Mini 5G. Nothing in terms of cabling or configuration has changed with the Starlink’s.

Also adding to the mystery is that I have two AP One AX connected, and they have been flapping / going up/down since I switched to the BR2 and this version. The only way to keep them working has been to disable their health checks on the AP’s WAN1 port. Even then it appears that the BR2 is losing its mind for up to 45 seconds every so often and not passing traffic on the LAN ports.

I don’t see an exact time correlation to the WAN ports and LAN ports freaking out. So this is either bad hardware (unlikely since this has been running for months in my test bed) or something funky going on with the switching/routing side of the world in the firmware.

1 Like

Any feedback here? This could be related to my latest issue that I posted where the BR2 is just losing it’s mind every so often. Either way, both are pretty bad things to have happen, and didn’t happen with previous versions of 8.3.0 or 8.2.x

1 Like

@Steve_Mitchell ,

Do you have ticket created for the issue ? If yes, can you please share me the ticket number ?

1 Like

@gabrielmongefranco ,

Can you please create a ticket here and attach a diagnostic report to allow support team to check on the issue ?

Step to obtain a diagnostic report :

1 Like

Thanks @sitloongs - Ticket #23010958

I attached the diagnostic report and log. I will try to get some screenshots or video recording.

1 Like

@gabrielmongefranco ,

Thank you and we will follow-up using the ticket and update again.

1 Like

8.3 Firmware has a very very useful feature which is Weighted Balance on the SF tunnels.
looking forward to see this feature on the IC2 configurations also.
2023-01-31_085136.jpg

2 Likes

I wasn’t able to leave the unit in the current network as it was too unreliable. I will try factory resetting it again and build the configuration by hand again and see if it happens again. I have an MBX Mini 5G with the same configuration running 8.3.0 b4 that is working flawlessly with the same equipment around it (2x Starlinks, 2x AP One AX) so I know it’s specific to the BR2 either with 8.3.0 or the hardware is bad.

1 Like

Purchased a 2 VWan license and the firmware only shows me one.

Heres an older firmware showing both…

1 Like

Anyone else trying to use SIM Injector on two Cellular modems while there is no other connection active? We have several Balance 310-5G in the field, which are only running dual cellular connections.

With 8.2.1 when we set ‘Use RemoteSIM only’ on both Cellulars, it will first inject one of the two and once one of them is connected properly and online/connected in FusionSIM the second Cellular will start injecting and afterwards both are online with RemoteSIM.

If the RemoteSIM switches/fails it will first switch back to a random internal SIM, normally A, if that’s the only slot that has a physical SIM. In the FW before 8.3.0 you could not set priority while using RemoteSIM.

So now running 8.3.0 RC4, when we set RemoteSIM to Priority 1, and SIM A to Priority 2, it will switch to the RemoteSIM, but when both Cellulars are set to RemoteSIM P1/SIM A P2 sometimes only one of them will switch to RemoteSIM. Rebooting the device one of them will randomly connect.

On units where we have an extra connection like a MAX Adapter in Failover, we try the same setting and it will sometimes work on both Cellulars at the same time and sometimes it will only connect on one of them and the other will stay connected to SIM A, which is set to Priority 2. So far the only solid way I have found with 8.3.0 to have both SIMs injected, is to have an extra internet connection, like the MAX Adapter (or any fixed connection) in failover and set both internal Cellulars to RemoteSIM only, so disable the internal SIMs. Which will result in disconnect on those Cellulars if the RemoteSIM fails but at least it will keep running on the failover connection.

This can’t be the way it’s supposed to work right? For the units that don’t have any failover methods, we have switched back to 8.2.1 for now.

1 Like

Please help to open a ticket for us to check. Thanks.

1 Like

This is not expected. Can you help to open a ticket for us to check?

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

It seems the issue was not related to 8.3.0 after all. Something else was causing the issues with FusionSIM, we are still diagnosing it, but 8.3.0 works fine now with the priorities set as intended.

1 Like