Firmware 8.3.0 RC 4

We do see the problem of upgrading 8.3.0 RC4 with Balance 20X. We are investigating it at the moment.

2 Likes

Rick,

I upgraded my SDX Pro (An AP Controller of AP AX) to 8.3.0 RC4. But I can’t reproduce the problem here.

Can you help to open ticket for us to check on your AP and AP Controller?

Thanks.

1 Like

Please refer to the screenshot below. MSCHAPv2 is supported for RADIUS Authentication for Captive Portal

1 Like

Thanks- will this be configurable in Incontrol?

1 Like

Hi Team,

I noticed that IC2 app for iOS scales differently on 8.3. the Cellular Details window is looses proportions. Please see screen attached.

2 Likes

@kevinp, I checked our unit but did not see the same error as your unit.

Can you submit a support ticket for the team to look at your device?

Please attach a diagnostic report when submitting the ticket for the initial diagnosis convenience.

1 Like

It seems to have resolved itself so I removed the post. Thank you for looking into it.

1 Like

I’ve a Peplink MAX BR2 Pro with a Pepxim onboard of a vessel/ship and I’ve just upgraded to Firmware 8.3.0. Pepxim has been upgraded to Firmware 1.1.115.
I’ve rebooted both BR2 and Pepxim.

Pepxim has 8 simcards installed. Slot 1-6 are not allowed to roame. Slot 7-8 are allowed to roame.
Cellular 1 is using slot 1,3,5,7 in the Pepxim
Cellular 2 is using slot 2,4,6,8 in the Pepxim

BR2 is not able to get online via Cellular 1 or Cellular 2.
After hours of troubleshooting, the pattern looks to be, that the BR2 tries the lowest slot number, does a retry after 4 minutes and tries again the lowest slow number.

I tried the following:
Edit the Cellular 1 and hardcode to only use remote slot 5, then Cellular 1 gets online
Edit the Cellular 2 and hardcode to only use remote slot 6, then Cellular 2 gets online
Ship/vessel is located in area where simcards in remote slot 5-6 have coverage

If I for Cellular 1 change the remotesim to use 1,3,5,7 and for Cellular 2 to use remotesim slot 2,4,6,8, then both Cellular 1 and 2 are stock in trying remote slot 1 and 2.

1 Like

I had similar issue while using RC3 but it was resolved after uploading RC4. Now my router fetches RemoteSIMs from any available SIM slot.

1 Like

I’m using the MAX BR1 Pro 5G and I do not have this issue. I see clients connected via 802.11ax, 802.11ac and 802.11na.

1 Like

TU. I am thinking it may be due to the AP FW in use, 3.9.2s007. I see another location where 3.9.1 is in use that seems fine. Thanks for the sanity check.

2 Likes

I’m testing a MAX MBX Mini 5G using Synergy on WAN1 to a MAX BR2 Pro 5G on it’s LAN1 port and seeing instability.

The issue is that all of the connections from the BR2 Pro 5G go offline for a short period and come back. Sometimes each of the items on the dashboard show “No Device Detected”, or simply “Obtaining IP Address” as if it has just rebooted. It’s happened a few times this afternoon/evening. I can’t see anything obvious, and it doesn’t appear to have rebooted.

I also cannot login to the BR2 Pro 5G anymore via the link from the MBX Mini for the Synergy connection. I type in the admin password and am just redirected to the login page. InControl shows that I’ve successfully logged in, but that’s not the case. I’ve rebooted the BR2 and MBX multiple times.

1 Like

I noticed a very minor issue on a Surf SOHO running 8.3.0 RC4.

The “Wi-Fi” LED light on the front of the device does not light up. I have three 2.4 GHz SSIDs running with clients connected to each of them. Everything else is running smoothly.

1 Like

I’d open a support ticket so this can be tracked. I’ve opened two myself for bugs and they’re very responsive.

1 Like

Yeah, I would if it were causing me any issues, but I just wanted to bring it up since it’s something I noticed. Honestly, I don’t really care if the led is lit or not as long as the wifi is working :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Lai , this release still has the same issues with the Network → LAN page. Tested this time on a Core B1.

1. Custom DHCP server values that are separate by commas have the comma removed, so I can no longer save any other settings because the page complains that there is an invalid IP in a DHCP option.
    Example: (replaced some numbers with X for privacy)
    42. NTP Servers
    Value shown after firmware upgrade:
    10.XX.XX.1XX.XXX.32.5XXX.111.XXX.100XXX.163.4.104XX.56.178.140XXX.6.15.30
    Original value:
    10.XX.XX.1, XX.XXX.32.5, XXX.111.XXX.100, XXX.163.4.104, XX.56.178.140, XXX.6.15.30

2. Editing any custom DHCP option creates a duplicate entry. There is no way to edit existing entries anymore.

3. Deleting entries does not work. If I try to delete the above entry (in #1), click save, apply, then log off, refresh, and log back in again… the entry is still there.

2 Likes

I’m having a lot of very odd issues with a MAX BR2 Pro 5G running this version. It seems switch/port related.

I have both WAN ports connected to two different Starlink dishes. WAN1 routinely shows the Starlink down and gets stuck in “Connecting”. Rebooting clears it. Swapping the Starlink’s doesn’t do anything - WAN1 still eventually is marked down. I’m using an HTTP health check that I’ve used on tons of other installations.

Also, this was all working perfectly for months, even with 8.3.0, on an MBX Mini 5G. Nothing in terms of cabling or configuration has changed with the Starlink’s.

Also adding to the mystery is that I have two AP One AX connected, and they have been flapping / going up/down since I switched to the BR2 and this version. The only way to keep them working has been to disable their health checks on the AP’s WAN1 port. Even then it appears that the BR2 is losing its mind for up to 45 seconds every so often and not passing traffic on the LAN ports.

I don’t see an exact time correlation to the WAN ports and LAN ports freaking out. So this is either bad hardware (unlikely since this has been running for months in my test bed) or something funky going on with the switching/routing side of the world in the firmware.

1 Like

Any feedback here? This could be related to my latest issue that I posted where the BR2 is just losing it’s mind every so often. Either way, both are pretty bad things to have happen, and didn’t happen with previous versions of 8.3.0 or 8.2.x

1 Like

@Steve_Mitchell ,

Do you have ticket created for the issue ? If yes, can you please share me the ticket number ?

1 Like

@gabrielmongefranco ,

Can you please create a ticket here and attach a diagnostic report to allow support team to check on the issue ?

Step to obtain a diagnostic report :

1 Like