BGP advertising default route

Hi all,
How can I inject a default route from BGP protocol ?
My FusionHub Virtual appliance needs to inject a default route to AWS Transit Gateway (using Transit Gateway Connect).
The BGP peering is IP but I need to inject a default route.

Regards,

HA

1 Like

Do you mean you want the WAN of the Fusionhub to get it’s default route from BGP?

Hi,
No, I want the FusionHub to inject a default route to it’s peers (BGP, in my specific case AWS Transit Gateway Connect).

Regards,

Hedi

@Kenny will know the answer to this.

@HA13029 ,

May I know the use case for the default ? We cannot simply inject 0.0.0.0/0 route due to the security concerns. Beside that, AWS TGW may not accept such route if the feature is applicable.

Would you please share your network design for such route ?

Hi all,

@sitloongs , I think you are wrong, It’s possible to inject default route into AWS Transit gateway.
By the way, I currently writing a doc about the integration between Azure Route server and Peplink like

If you check the following document, it would be nice to inject a default route (from the FH to the ARS) for OUTBOUND traffic to the Intternet. If the the primary FH fails, the traffic will be forwarded to the remaining FH appliance…

It is clear ??

@HA13029

Very sorry if my previous reply given you a impression it cannot be done. The use case that we having now when working with AWS Transit Gateway is connecting your SpeedFusion networks to an AWS Transit Gateway Connect .

I’m trying to understand the requirements as it’s not seen like the use case that we having now and need the 0.0.0.0/0 route.

Based on the Azure link that you share, you are making the FusionHub as the Internet Gateways/FW & you have multiple FusionHubs running ?

Hi,
Yes exactly !!

Regards,

HA

1 Like

Hey Hedi!

If it’s not resolved yet, i’d be happy to help. For your default route, it’s only possible to do from the AWS side. You need to create the 0.0.0.0/0 route on the TGW’s Route table and then have it point towards your FusionHub’s VPC. It’s something I too struggled with and have since made a guide for as well as will be speaking on at the Peplink Tech Summit this November. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!