Wondering how to connect Site A to Site C via Site B?

Hi everyone, we have 3 locations so I want them all connected. Say Site A, Site B and Site C. Site B is FusionHub in the datacentre with Site A and B being our offices.

Site A talking direct to Site C isn’t really that necessary, so to save using a PepVPN connection, is it possible to have Site A talk to C via FusionHub at Site B? Site A is 192.168.2.1, Site C is 192.168.3.1. It didn’t seem to work even if I set an outbound policy that traffic to network 192.168.3.1/24 goes over the VPN. It only seems to work if I do a full mesh and connect to Site C directly. It’s fine if I have to do it that way but was just curious since it would be a good way to save on some PepVPN connection limits for these sites that don’t really need a direct connection. That and for redundancy also. Thanks!

Hello @liammonroe,
Do you have a simplified drawing/schematic of how you would like the network to work that you can post, this will help many of us here in helping you with your solution.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

The Hub and spoke model (FusionHub as Hub, physical devices as the spokes) should just work. When the PepVPN tunnels are up, Sites A & C will advertise their LAN subnets to the FusionHub which in turn advertises all connected subnets to all other connections and the devices at Sites A & C will then know how to route traffic between each other via the Fusionhub.

You can check this is working by looking at the status → SpeedFusion Page of each appliance it should show the remote subnets that are on the LAN of the other devices:
This is an example. From this device I can see all the remote subnets available to me via the FusionHub I’m connected to.

What do you see in this view on your Site A and Site C devices?

1 Like