Wireless Clients Displayed as Ethernet

I have a number of iPhones and Android devices appearing in the Incontrol Client list as Ethernet with no SSID displayed but the Client list on the actual APs shows the devices connected as Wireless with the correct SSID. Is this an Incontrol issue or an AP configuration issue? Other iPhones and Android devices appear in Incontrol and the APs correctly.

Is it the case that you have a router and with APs connected to the LAN of it? If so, are you looking at the router’s client list page? From the router’s perspective, it is correct that they are all Ethernet clients. You should go up one level to the group-level client list. Then you should see them as wireless clients.

If that’s not the case, please click the Feedback button on the right of the page and report to us.

1 Like

Hello @Michael,
I can verify this happening in InControl2 also, see image

It is very hit and miss and I’ve been unable to work out the cause, I’ve seen it on these models:

• BPL-ONE
  • MAX-TST-LTEA-P-T
  • MAX-TST-DUO-LTEA-P-T
  • APO-ENT
  • APO-RUG
  • APP-AGN2

It has been happening on and off for a couple of months, though I’ve not been able to narrow down a cause or commonality as to why, I was going to wait until I had some more details to flag the issue, though now that @goetzrc76 has mentioned it, I will add in that he is right and there appears to be an issue currently in InControl2 with consistent indication of if the connected device is via the managed SSID (wireless) or direct LAN.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

Marcus, could you DM me the s/n of device on the screenshot? Even the problem is not occurring, it is still useful for us. Thanks!

1 Like