Wired network stopped working last night

I’m using a Pepwave Surf Soho in my home that I setup in early March 2020. I’m running firmware version: 8.1.0 which I updated a couple of months(?) ago. My internet provider is the local cable monopoly.

Last night my wired network went down, but the wireless network remained available. Most everything is running wireless, but a few things remain plugged in and not having the internet on these devices is very problematic (like my college son’s computer with finals coming up). I have restarted the entire system (modem, Pepwave and computers) to no avail. I’ve tried plugging my laptop directly into the Pepwave (as opposed to the wiring that runs through the walls) and the network settings (Windows 10) still says “ethernet connected, no internet”.

Although I’ve worked in the IT field for many years, I am only a little familiar with network terminology as desktop support has been my specialty. Where do I start looking to troubleshoot this situation?

Thank you!

OK, well. it came back on. Not sure what happened. Thanks for reading!

I spoke too soon. It’s back off. Any ideas?

UPD - :frowning: Commented too soon (the router was listening in!) I thought the problem disappeared for a while … and it did, but … it’s back. Looks like I’ll have to ask for some support ticket help.

I’ve recently experienced the drop in a wired connection directly to my SOHO MK3. It was ok until this week when I noticed it was running (green lights up front, status/link lights in back) but I could no longer reach it and my computer said there was no internet access anymore. The only way to get things back was a full reboot of the Pepwave via the power. It came back fine every time, but later disappered again randomly. Nothing was showing up in the logs that I could find. My PC was fine and “offered” to jump to my wireless access via my ISP modem which was still working. I did see a similar experience mentioned as a Wi-fi topic for others. Same situation for them - the service would just stop even though the Pepwave looked alive. I was on firmware 8.1.0 and bumped it up to 8.1.2.s052 as recommended in another thread in this community. So far, things are quiet and happy.