What's the time of configuration synchronization between the matser and the slave units

Hi,

I configured the HA between two peplink 710 units for a client and I synchronized the configuration between the master and the slave automatically. When i do some configuration in the master i have to synchronize it manually between the units.

The client would like that the configuration must be automatically every time without any administrative charge when he do some changes in the master unit.

That’s a limitation in peplink balance?

Best regards.

Hello,

I took a screenshot of the HA knowledge base guide. Basically once Config Sync is enabled. All changes made on the Master Peplink will automatically be applied to the slave unit.

1 Like

Hi Jarid,

Thank you for your response.

I did it when i configured my HA and the configuration is synchronized from the master to the slave. But the client would like to have this synchronization automatically every time when he change or add a new configuration in the master unit. It’s is possible?

Best regards.

Hello,

I apologize for the confusion. I am not 100% sure of the time that it takes for the Slave to receive the update from the Master. I don’t believe that it is automatic. I will escalate this to get a answer for you to determine how long it takes the Slave to apply the update when changes are made on the Master.

1 Like

Thank you very much Jarid, I’m waiting.

Hi Jarid, I’m waiting for your response!!

Regarding the configuration sync. Slave unit should receive the configuration changes from Master unit in 5 minutes. For example, if something is changed in Master unit, Slave unit will get the updated configuration in 5 minutes.

1 Like

Hi chang-lai,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you any official link or document for that?

Best regards.

We have updated this in the following FAQ

http://www.peplink.com/knowledgebase/configuring-11-backup-by-vrrp/

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Hi all
I have pair Peplink 710 and now i config HA for them. If i enable Configuration Sync. so let me know what’s the configuration on Master can sync to Slave (LAN configuration, WAN configuration,…) or all the config on Master will sync to Slave.
Thankss

Helo Toan @toannguyen290497,
As per @TK_Liew’s response in the guide by @alan,

If you think about the security side of your question, syncing on the WAN side means you need to open the firewall(s) on the WAN side between the devices, so logically the syncing will be done on the LAN side.

Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like