What is really on the roadmap?

Many answers from Peplink say requests are on their roadmap. For instance, IPv6 has been on their roadmap for years now.

So, do we have any idea from what they are really working? What can we expect for their next firmware?

I really like Peplink load balance algorithms, especially the newest one (faster response), but the lack of IPv6 support when we are almost in 2019 is becoming a deal-breaker.

So my feature request is a public roadmap where we can see what is coming next (if anything is coming at all).

1 Like

Waiting for the “soon” comment.

I own a Peplink Balance 20 and would like to purchase a second one, but I am waiting for IPv6 support. I will not purchase another one without that feature.

As a partner if you attend the global technical summits you do have a good idea and general overview of whats coming next. Specific feature development and release scheduling however (like many other equipment vendors) is generally reactive / demand driven.

This demand can be volume based from many many end users or opportunity based (ie $$$ value) from individual partner or project. The key thing here is that when either thing occurs (ie massive spike in demand or a big opportunity needs to be won) Peplink generally buckles down and makes it happen fast.

I have won opportunities from other vendors because Peplink will add a feature or capability faster than the competition if the opportunity is big enough.

So why no IPV6 yet? Most likely because other things have taken precedence (likely the glorious new capabilities that came in FW8), and likely because Peplink has been asking its partners and key customers what they really need next and IPV6 hasn’t won over other features / capabilities.

As for a published product road map, I’ve yet to see one for another vendor’s equipment that was real, accurate or kept up-to date in any meaningful way.

3 Likes