My registrar and dns hosting provider is not offering NS sub delegation hence I need to move my entire zone on peplink rather than sub-delegating. So, I would need to know what information or precaution I need to take.
- How feasible to move entire zone on peplink?
- Is it really a wise idea or let my zone on internet and find another registrar who does sub-domain delegation?
- Add PTR record for NS servers or peplink WAN interfaces?
- Get the entire zone file moved on peplink
- Change NS records at registrar and point it at peplink WAN interfaces?
And if my entire zone is moved then I guess I dont need to delegate sub-zone correct? My scenario is like this. I have example.com which is hosted with registrar. I have host ftp.example.com for which I need to delegate the NS records and was going to create zone on peplink but since my registrar is not offering sub-domain delegation as told earlier I am planning to move entire zone on peplink