[Webinar Oct-19, 2022] Starlink with Peplink (US / EMEA region)

[Webinar] Starlink with Peplink

In our upcoming Starlink with Peplink webinar, we’ve invited several guest speakers to talk about **Starlink integration in their respective industries. **

Ranging from Maritime to Education to Agriculture, there’s bound to be something interesting to learn.

Register now and don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity!

US / EMEA region

• Wednesday, Oct 19, 2022
  • 11 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
  • View in your time zone
  • We will record the live session. Register to receive the recording and the slides around October 21, 2022

Register now

If you have any questions for us to answer during the webinar, feel free to send them to [email protected].

1 Like

If you would like to review the webinar, here is the recording:

1 Like

Had an opportunity to review the webinar.
I have lived & worked full time from my RV since December, 2019. I presently have a MAX BR1 PRO LTEA (non 5G CAT-20) as the heart of a small network on my RV. I also have & use a Gen 2 Starlink DISHY.
I was really hopeful that Eric’s (from Mobile Must Have) presentation would have focused more on the integration of the Starlink equipment with his Peplink equipment. As the subject of the Webinar was Starlink with Peplink, I think it would have been most beneficial that some of of the unique issues regarding integration of Starlink with Peplink be discussed. This is certainly a topic on your forum.
Instead he seem focused on explaining all the various pieces of Peplink equipment installed on his RV & how he was able to go cross country while attending ZOOM meetings, streaming TV & various other activities that had nothing to do with Starlink in a RV. Just a tad disappointing!
That he was was able to go cross country with excellent cell reception with his Peplink equipment is not really surprising. One only has to look at the coverage maps to see cell coverage is usually focused in metropolitan areas & major highways. I suspect I could accomplish the same with the equipment I have. Of course this assumes I have cellular data plans that provide for adequate usage. That has nothing to do with Starlink… the subject of the webinar. Frustrated by the absence of information relative to the topic I exited it.
One only has to look at the Peplink forum or the various RV forums to see there is a substantial portion of the RV population utilizing Peplink & Starlink products experiencing issues with one or both pieces of equipment. One has to question if some of your partners fail to grasp the concept that your business model designates them as the entity that provides 1st level support.
While I applaud Peplink for conducting these, normally informative, webinars for users of their equipment, I would suggest Peplink encourage the presenters stay on topic.
If the intent of this particular presentation was to focus on selling Peplink equipment to a majority of the RV population that does not need, let alone understand it; he did a good job. IMHO, he missed the point of the subject of the webinar.
Thank you for allowing me to express my thought on this webinar.

I agree completely. It sounded more like a sales pitch for Peplink than a useful technical guide to implementing Starlink on a Peplink system. The presenters spent more time on general attributes of Peplink (i.e. bandwidth bonding, failover, etc), being agnostic to different types of WAN.

I have two Peplink systems, one for my rural home and one for my RV, and I have the non-business Starlink. I would be very interested to read about the reasons why bandwidth bonding is a problem for non-business Starlink, but the link on slide 15 is broken.

Matt,
As I understand it, bandwidth bonding combines data at the packet level, enabling you to combine the speed of multiple connections.
I have a Gen 2 Starlink system with a Residential plan with Roaming enabled. I assume that is a non-business Starlink set up.
At any rate, I have both the WiFI signal from the Starlink & the WiFi signal from the RV park in Priority 1 on my Peplink device. My assumption is this equates to ‘bandwidth bonding’ by definition.
As indicated in my post, I left early the presentation early & I am unaware why bandwidth bonding is a problem. It seems to be functioning very well for me.

Hi Matt. Thanks for pointing out the broken link. The link pointed to a confidential case study for internal reference and is not ready to be shown to the public yet. It has now been removed.

1 Like