Web App And More

Good morning friends
I need help.
I’m trying to let the app roll not split between my ip addresses.
I have about 6 different addresses and I want to make a roll that will actually instruct the app to use a specific address to sign in and out.
And the same is true for sites I go out to on my network.
My device is Balance 20 version 7.0.2
Thank you in advance for helpers

Morning. I’m not sure what you are trying to do. Maybe a network sketch or some screenshots would help?

1 Like

I’ve had more coffee and think i understand the question now. Do you have a WAN link with 5 additional IP addresses and you want outbound rules to use specific IPs for different types of traffic?

If so I don’t know of a way to choose which IP is used by an outbound rule. The only way I have done this in the past is to use NAT mappings - so force a device on the LAN to always use a specific WAN IP.

1 Like

sorry for the late response.
That’s great. Is there a guide to how to do this?

Go to Network>NAT Mappings>Add NAT Rule

• Enter the LAN clients’ identification for those clients that your want to use the particular IP address as their outbound address (either a single IP address, a range or a network)
  • In the “Outbound Mappings” panel, for the WAN interface used for the external IP address pick the particular external IP address from the drop down menu.
  • If you have more than one WAN interface in use, go to Network>Outbound Policy and create a policy directing traffic from the chosen LAN client(s) to the WAN interface appropriate for the chosen external IP address.

That should do it (at least it did on our Balance 380 test unit).

1 Like

Here’s our example, where a server must use a particular IP for outbound authentication, and all inbound traffic on IP 14 goes to the same LAN server.

Outbound traffic from this LAN server must use the CABLE WAN which has 5 public IPs. First you make an outbound rule specifying that traffic from that LAN address goes to the desired WAN (enforced or priority, you desire).

Once it gets to the desired WAN, which has multiple external IP, the Nat Mapping shown below sends the traffic out on IP 14. Without the Nat Mapping it would go out on the interface IP, which in this case is .11.

1 Like