Warranty Expiring tommorrow

I have 4 pepwave maxes and 1 pep balance.

I have a couple expiring soon and i wondering what do i do in order to maintain the speed fusion. Is it connected to the Warranty or some type of license? And is there a way to do the bonding without InControl? I need to maintain this in operation, it’s critical to our workflow to maintain the bonding.
Thanks in advanced.

Hi Jdepena,

Speedfusion profiles that were created in InControl will still be active on the Peplink and Pepwave units that are out of warranty (because this configuration has been pushed to the units).
However, when the warranty expires you can no longer use InControl to either monitor or configure your routers.
Any changes made to the Speedfusion profile will no longer be pushed to the units after the warranty expires.

You have the following options:

• Pay for an InControl subscription or extend the warranty (contact your local Peplink partner for prices).
  • Configure the Speedfusion profile in the local Web Admin interfaces of the routers
  • Leave the configuration as it is and don’t make any changes

For more information see: https://www.peplink.com/products/incontrol-2/

2 Likes

Ty Erik,

So how does the InControl Sub work? is it one sub for all devices or is it one per device, i’m not entirely clear. For example i have one device that expiered (warranty) lets me add to the tunneling but it never connects. So i assumed it was cause of the warranty expiration for that particular device. So what do i have to purchase in order to restore that, is it an overall InControl License or is it something that covers all.

Thanks in advanced.

Josh D.

Another question is how do i configure the Speedfusion profile with the Local Web Admin?

Untitled

So if i want to make MAX700 work i would have to buy the extended warranty?

Hello @jdepena,

The costs for Extended Warranty/InControl 2 licenses are per device.

If you’re trying to add an ‘out-of-warranty’ product to a SpeedFusion tunnel in InControl 2, this will not work.
An ‘out-of-warranty’ product no longer talks with the InControl 2 cloud, so it won’t recieve any updates from the cloud.

The warranty of the Pepwave MAX 700 has expired.
This means Extended Warranty is no longer an option, since this is only available for ‘in warranty’ products.
You will need Peplink SmartCare to re-activate the product warranty and your InControl 2 license.

The Pepwave MAX products that are showing ‘Expiring soon’ can still be extended with Extended Warranty.
What kind of Pepwave MAX products are you using?
Pepwave MAX BR1’s?

1 Like