Wan Quality API call data set returned

Hello,
When I run the API for /rest/o/{organization_id}/g/{group_id}/d/{device_id}/wan_quality on a cellular wan it returns data with some column headers that I am unsure about.

1. “type” and “bearer” - what’s the difference
  2. “quality” - what is this?
  3. “lms” - what is this?

Thank you.
HCG

Hello
Can I request somebody in peplink support for an answer to this query please as it’s becoming rather urgent. Thank you very much.
HCG

Please refer to the API document - https://www.peplink.com/ic2-api-doc/.

Thank you. My bad. I forgot about this.

I was about to answer the same but it actually doesn’t the question.

What is lms?
What is the difference between bearer and type in Peplink’s interpretation?

{“lms”:383,“lcid”:17155086,“bearer”:“LTE”,“rssi”:-67.0,“sinr”:14.0,“rsrp”:-99.0,“plmn”:20610,“rsrq”:-9.0,“cid”:50190,“tac”:17200,“mnc”:“10”,“mcc”:“206”,“carrier_name”:“Orange Belgium (BE)”,“datetime”:“2021-03-10T16:40:51”,“type”:“LTE”,“quality”:14.0,“signal”:-99.0,“band”:“LTE Band 7 (2600 MHz)”,“wan_id”:4,“ts”:1615390851},

Hello,
On review of the API page referenced I agree its not helpful.

1. I still don’t know what the “Quality” number is and what is its reference point. Is high good or bad? What can be done to improve quality??
  2. Is LMS least mean square like in https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Least-mean-square-algorithm-signals-a-The-desired-signal-b-the-input-signal-c_fig2_237367087 . If yes then again what does the “lms” number mean and what is its reference points. Is high good or bad? What can be done to improve lms??
  3. Page does no explain difference between bearer and type?

Please advise
Thank you.
HCG

“Type” is equivalent to “Bearer”. The “type” a generic term. “Bearer” is a more technical term to represent the type of cellular network. The word “bearer” is chosen and used on the device’s web admin.

“Quality” is representing SINR (LTE) or EC/IO (3G).

“LMS” is latency.

Great. Thank you.