Very high bandwidth degradation through Max Transit Duo?

I’m wondering if I’m expecting too much from a Max Transit Duo. Up until recently, I’ve only had LTE WAN connections, but I’ve recently added a 5G hotspot and Starlink to my mix and I’m not able to get anywhere near the throughput I think I should. I’m wondering if I’ve just reached the performance limit of the Max Transit (I sure hope not), and would like to hear what others are seeing.

I’ve run many tests trying to isolate the performance as much as possible. For the simplest scenario, I’ve disabled all WAN connections except for the 5G Hotspot over Wifi. I’m aware of the issue folks are having with the Starlink ethernet adapter and even though I’ve tried to mitigate that with an intervening switch, I decided to eliminate if from the test (though I do see the same effect with the wired Wan connection, too).

Below is a simplified diagram of my test set up.

Client A consistently gets 280-300 Mbps (5+ tests with Ookla Speedtest)
Client B consistently gets 45-60 Mbps (5+ tests with Ookla Speedtest)

I expect some loss, even a fair amount, by connecting via WiFi through the Pepwave, however I did NOT expect I would lose 80 - 85% of the bandwidth.

For what it’s worth, here is more detail of the devices involved.

• 5G Hotspot: Inseego M2000 with T-mobile (connected via WiFi 5GHz as Wan)
  • Pepwave Antenna: Poynting 7-in-1 Roof mount (in the cabinet with the hotspot at the moment)
  • Max Transit Duo Cat 12 LTE, Firmware 8.2.0
  • Client A: Samsung S10
  • Client B: Ubuntu Desktop (16 Cores, 32 GB RAM)

Does anyone have experience to compare?

Edit: A few additional points

• Though the above is my test config, I see similar bandwidth loss with every client I’ve tried and even the same client connected via the two paths.
  • This is not isolated to the hotspot - I get the bandwidth loss using the Starlink, as well.
  • I’ve now updated the Max Transit firmware to 8.2.1
  • I have replicated the result after a factory reset and minimal configuration to support the test.

Thanks!
–Roger