Verizon UML295 modem

I’m now back in Canada with the same Balance 20 and ULM295 modem, and I see this problem hasn’t been fixed. I’m quite sure it’s because when roaming, the modem pops up a roaming confirmation page, and the Balance 20 never responds. When not roaming, the pop up doesn’t happen, and the balance 20 manages to connect the modem automatically.

The net result of this is that the balance 20+Verizon ULM295+roaming can’t be used for unattended operation.

Any solutions possible, other than asking someone to sit next to the device with a computer and press the return button after each cellular disconnect?

This is the roaming behavior built in to the modem itself as determined by the carrier and has nothing to do with the Balance 20.

They do this so that they have a documented timestamp of when you acknowledged that you are roaming and may be liable for additional charges.

Unfortunately I can’t think of a work-around. I guess you could try it with a different modem but I suspect you will see the same exact behavior.

Thanks!

1 Like

I might be late getting in on the conversation, but you might be able define this by calling up the UML295 setup page at http://mbb.vzw.com. Once there, go to settings->connectivity->4GLTE and choose “auto connect.” I run a UML295 24/7 with no problems. My Verizon network type is “Global.”

The “auto connect” works fine here in the US but he is roaming with his up in Canada. Thanks.

1 Like

I’m now trying this in Mexico and having the same problem. The bottom line is that Peplink does NOT support this device/carrier for anything other than domestic operation. When roaming, it does not work.

And I have tried the “Auto Connect” setting. The device still throws up a confirmation dialog box that you need to accept.

For this to work, the Peplink needs to watch for that dialog and accept it, just as it is currently performing the Connect operation. In the mean time, it doesn’t work.

We will not circumvent any device or carrier specific applications regarding roaming behavior, this is not a Peplink issue. Thanks

1 Like

I’d suggest then that you make it clear that support for that device is for domestic operation only and that international roaming operation is not supported. It makes a big difference to those of us who bought the product, and now discover it only works locally and now need to look for another solution.

One related question - if I used a Verizon or ATT SIM card in one of the built-in LTE modems in a Peplink device, rather than Verizon’s or ATT’s USB plug in modem, would that work for international roaming?

As long as you have an international roaming plan active on your account it should work just fine. Our products with embedded modems have a setting to enable roaming and then you can allow all countries or allow/deny specific countries based on the Mobile Country Code. Thanks

1 Like