Unlock the Firmware

Hi there. My company has 2 Peplinks Balance 710 v5.2.9 and but both have been reset.

Apparently I need to updated, I tried to follow steps on how to find the unlock key and i could manage to find it.

When I login to Devices I get:

no Model information
Firmware: 5.2.9
Serial Number 0000-0000-0000

I’ve used the serial number found on chassis of the devices… but whenever I try to use that given key I get the error Unlock key validation failed.

Can support please help me?

thank you

create an account on incontrol2.peplink.com add your serial numbers there then it will show unlock key.

1 Like

Hi @MartinLangmaid as i’ve mentioned on the previous post, I’ve followed the steps to got the unlock key as I should, but when I add that key to peplink it returns the error:

Unlock key validation failed. this is why i came for help. unlock key ends with == is it part os the unlock key? I’ve tried both ways, with and without ==.

Ah Yes I missed that bit.
I would log a ticket with the serial numbers shown on your devices - engineering will sort you out.

1 Like

Hi there @MartinLangmaid I’ve followed your advice and and opened a ticket. but since I’ve opened the ticket I haven’t received support as I needed.

would you please help me on my issue?

regards

Post the ticket number here and @sitloongs or @Erik_deBie will sort you out when they are next at their desks I’m sure…

1 Like

thats the ID [Ticket #780319] I hope they can help me as soon as possible.

regards

The support team replied to you the same day - please check your spam and whitelist @peplink.com

1 Like

Hi @Tim_S I’ve searched and researched my Gmail account from Inbox to SpamBox and the last update I got from Peplink, its the “automated message to acknowledge the receipt of my request”! i’ve just added @peplink.com to my contacts as well so it can be whitelisted.

What else can I do to get support?

regards

Can you post a screenshot of the device Status page?

1 Like

I’m sorry for the late response. I had to drive my way to company in order to give you all you need from PepLink

That is not a valid serial number and the model number and hardware rev are not being parsed. This is a corrupted device that needs to be replaced.

1 Like

So you mean I can not fix this PepLink and its trash already? no ways to fix it?

If it is under warranty it would definitely be replaced. If you bought these second-hand from someone else you should ask for your money back. 5.4.9 firmware is very old.

1 Like

oh well. its a shame i gotta throw it away.

thank you for all your support, I appreciate it.

@daviosardinha

Hi, I picked up your original ticket and replied (ticket number 779988), I noticed a couple of days later you sent a 2nd request - 780319. I have merged both tickets into 779988.

However, as Tim said, if you are able to get your money back, that is the right path, if not, perhaps try factory resetting the device(s) - your first ticket said you had 2 devices. If the status page does display valid information, please drop a new support email to us, or reply to 779988 ticket with the serial numbers and I’ll investigate for you.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like

Hi @Steve.Taylor thank you for your help.

Yes as I’ve mentioned, Company has 2 Peplinks, 1 I found off and the second is under production use, and I had to manage both to be used as 1st primary and 2nd backup.

So you have the information of the 1st Peplink already.

I’ll try to login to 2nd PepLink (the one under production already) and see if I can reply to ticket 779988 the 2nd Peplink Status.

regards
Davio

@daviosardinha,

Thank you - however, please be aware, if you already have SpeedFusion configured between these devices and both are running Firmware 5.x.x then unless you can upgrade both to 6.x.x the SpeedFusion will stop working!

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like

Hi @Steve.Taylor I’m back with the information of you’ve requested earlier with the 2nd Peplink status. I’m afraid of replying to ticket 779988 via email and end up not receiving the replied emails as it’s happening… I’ve logged 1st ticket and never saw replies from support this is why I logged the 2nd ticket… this way I have to have your help from the forum…

Now my question is, is it secure to post status screenshot here??? If yes then I’m ready to send suck an information!

Regards
Dávio

Hi @daviosardinha,

Please can you DM me the infomation, and I’ll reply likewise.

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like