Unable to reset Balance 20

I purchased a used Balance 20 and when I plug in my laptop on LAN I get no IP address. I thought it might just need to be reset, but no matter how many times I try, and waiting for at least 10 seconds (one time as long as a minute) I can not get it to reset.

When it is first powered up, with no cables plugged in, the Power light immediately goes green and Status is off. Then after about a minute, all the LAN ports blink once and the Status turns solid green too. But, as mentioned, no matter how many times I try resetting with paper clip (yes, the inner button is depressed) I can not get it to reset, nothing happens to any of the lights and my laptop continues to not get an IP.

I do not know the firmware version – I don’t believe I have a way of finding out.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

Look like we need to proceed RMA on this. Please help to open ticket here.

1 Like

I have the same exact issue. Tried to reset numerous times with no help.

Please help to open ticket for further checking.

1 Like

I have the same issue with a Balance ONE. I opened a separate topic (Can't access web admin, reset button unresponsive - Balance ONE) before I found this thread.

Hi I have a balance 310 and have the same problem of a blinking red status light and cannot reset back to factory default by using the reset hole. Any clues on where I go from here

We need to proceed RMA for this Balance 310. Please open ticket for us to follow up.

Thanks.

1 Like

Did you ever get this fixed? I’m having a similar issue.

@gav78: Hi. Looks like you have an nasty issue and have resurrected two very ancient threads. If your router is under warranty I’d strongly suggest submitting a ticket here.

1 Like