Unable to login as Surf SOHO admin from a second computer...

Hello.
I am a home user of a Surf SOHO HW2, current firmware, been using it for a couple years. Overall, it works great.
I initially set it up with my laptop, direct Ethernet, no problems. I can login via the laptop still, but I can’t do an admin login from my desktop, again via Ethernet). Both computers are setup nearly identical… certainly ARE with respect to security programs. The computers could have been set up from an identical image (but they weren’t).
Both firewalls are configured identically, although I still can’t login with all security disabled.

I’m wondering if the setup routine won’t allow another to login automatically. I’ve certainly been all through the documentation.
I have done a hard reboot of the router once. If there’s something else I’m overlooking, I’d prefer not done the restoration of my system unless really necessary (lots of home automation items that require tender care).
Thanks.

Dan

Try clearing your cookies on the computer it’s not working on.

What error do you get? Do you at least see the login page?

Are you sure that you are using the correct tcp/ip port number?

One guess: the Ethernet port that is not working is assigned to a VLAN that is blocked from accessing the router.

the firewall on your computers is not likely to be the problem. It could be, just not likely.

On the computer that works, make a backup of the current configuration settings.
No doubt you see the reminder to do this when the firmware is updated. No one, ever wants to start all over.

No luck.
I neglected to mention that I’d tried with 3 different browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome).
Thanks.
Dan

What error do you get? Do you at least see the login page?
– No login. I get the generic browser ’ Can’t connect’ or ‘network not available’ message. But, the network was available to everything else.

Are you sure that you are using the correct tcp/ip port number?
– Yes. I even copied the successful URL to the offending computer browser.

One guess: the Ethernet port that is not working is assigned to a VLAN that is blocked from accessing the router.
– No. I had tried swapping cables and ports. My only VLAN is dedicated to WiFi.

the firewall on your computers is not likely to be the problem. It could be, just not likely.
– I had tried disabling every security program (very briefly). However, they remained active on the laptop that was able to login.

On the computer that works, make a backup of the current configuration settings.
No doubt you see the reminder to do this when the firmware is updated. No one, ever wants to start all over.
– Did from the start. I’m an obsessive believer in backups. I even makeup registry backups, I’m using Windows after all…
Thanks, anyway.
Dan

btw: reading the RouterSecurity site was what prompted me to buy the SOHO to begin with.