TMobile APN / IP Address

Running a Max BR2 Pro with T-Mobile and Verizon. Currently the T-Mobile says connected, but I’m getting an IP address of 192.0.0.2, that doesn’t seem like a valid IP address. I’m using fast.tmobile.com for the APN.

@Dustin_Betterly ,

Can you please screenshot the connection status and share here ?

Note : Please hide the IMEI & IMSI Info for the screenshot.

We do see this on the T-Mobile 5G SA connection that the network potential doesn’t support IPv4 IP network. Can you please disable the 5G SA bands and check again ?

Please make sure you reset the connection after you set the bands to allow the module reconnect.

If this is the 5G SA connection issue, can you please contact T-Mobile support to further confirm whether T-Mobile 5G SA network is not support IPv4 network ?

I can confirm it is connecting to the SA network. I’ll send my account manager a message to see if he knows any TMobile engineers who can confirm. Does Peplink support IPv6?

From a TMobile Engineer:
“The TMO 5G network is currently IPv6 only. NSA (not SA) should be used in situations where IPv4 is needed.
Also our b2b.static APN is also IPv4 only at this time.
The devices connecting to either the fast.t-mobile.com(phones, tablets, MI hotspot plans) or fbb.home (Business Internet plans) APN’s using Dynamic IP addressing would need to be set to NSA and IPv6/IPv4 for the PDP.”

1 Like

@Dustin_Betterly ,

Thank you for the help to check with the T-Mobile representative and confirmed the connection requirement info.

Do you tested to disable the SA bands and check on the NSA connection ? We tested and it should work as expected.

It does work as expected, but it would be nice to have the option to use the SA networks, how has IPve6 not become a priority?

1 Like

@Dustin_Betterly ,

Definitely Engineering team is putting high priority for that.

The concerns here is not just 1 Cellular WAN in IPv6 network while other still in IPv4. Beside that Native IPv6 network should no longer work with IPV4. It’s a big challenge in term of design not just the feature support.

2 Likes

Which plan do you have ? Which APN are you currently using? I am trying to configure my T-Mobile plan. I have the Business 300GB for $150 (non deprioritized).