Thinking on buying a Max HD2

Hello,
2 pre sales questions :

• will it work with 3G / 3G+ ? 4G is not always available in France, and usually we get 3G/3G¨+ as a fall back
    • can it relay wifi? Meaning we often work in bars, with poor 4g connections, and we would like to add the wifi access the bar provides in the mix, is it possible?
      Thanks

Hi @Bert,

1. The HD2 will work with 3G and 4G, I’m not sure about 3G+ (perhaps someone else can clarify?)
  2. Yes, the HD2 can “receive” the WiFi from the bars (providing the signal is strong enough) - you would need to provide the appropriate password(s).

With both Cellular and WiFi WAN you can boost the input signal by adding antenna as necessary, there are plenty of posts on the forum discussing antenna, but if you can’t find anything to meet your requirement I can certainly recommend reaching out to Marcus (@mldowling)

Thanks,
Steve

2 Likes

Hello Steve,
3G+ = HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access — Wikipédia )
Hope your product works with it.
Thanks a lot for your answer ! I am going to contact marcus for the antennas.
Last question, I would like to make sure that my resellers provides me with the latest hardware revision of the MAX HD2, what should I ask ?
Thanks again
Bert

Hello,
After checking, I need HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access ) It does not seems to be avalaible.with this product. It is listed in the 3G bands of the MAX HD2 Mini.
?
Thanks

Hi Bert,

The MAX HD2 is currently on it’s 5th hardware revision.
Source: What are the Latest Peplink Hardware Revisions?

The MAX-HD2-LTE-E-T (4G LTE European model) supports the following 3G frequencies:

WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+:
B1/2100, B5/850, B6/800, B8/900

The MAX-HD2-LTEA-W-T (4G LTE-A Worldwide model) supports the following 3G frequencies:

WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSPA+:
B1/2100, B2/1900, B3/1800, B4/AWS, B5/850, B8/900

HSPA+ is (Evolved) HSDPA.

I work for an European Peplink reseller, @mldowling is based in Australia.
Marcus and I both know our way around the Peplink equipment and the right cellular antennas.

If you’re also based in Europe and still looking for a reseller, contact me!

Pepwave MAX HD2 Datasheet.pdf (724.0 KB)

2 Likes