Technical notes about advanced SpeedFusion features in firmware 6.2.0

Hi TK, and thank you.

State change may be transparent to the user, but it is critically important to the network operator in order to gain information about the network health.
While the Peplink VPN and Bonding magic is an excellent technical achievement, enterprise and service-provider both depend upon the Peplink to do more than be a magic black box.
Like any piece of network equipment we deploy, we depend upon it to provide feedback about what is happening on the network and how it is reacting to network changes.
When will you make it so that the state will be logged, or sent as an SNMP trap?

Cheers,
Dana

Hi Dana,

Thanks for your comments. Advanced SpeedFusion features just newly deployed in v6.2, we will add on the enhancement in future release.

1 Like

Hi all,

I’ve been using the latest beta software on 2 MAX HD2’s and our B380:up:

looking great, I’ve seen a few WAN’s additively bond, for instance I had 2 cellular WANs running at 0.6Mb & 0.75Mb upload that became 1.2Mb upload thru the VPN tunnel!
I’ve been visually monitoring the tunnels for evidence of WAN being dropped for exceeded latency rules, As previous poster mentioned is not clear that is happening, would I need to monitor the performance graphs to see it?
or is a total background process?

Understand the WAN is kept alive so it can be reintroduced to the tunnel when the router sees fit but I’d like to see something as an indication is not being used may a “sus” in the tunnel status that would be enough for me
I don’t SNMP events or emails to show it happening just an indication its happened so I can trust that my speedfusion tunnel is not unnecessarilybeing burdened with excess latency or packet drops. Gives a user more confidence in the product and therefore they can trust its doing what it is supposed to

Perhaps something in the event log might be nice too :slight_smile:

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your valuable comments. We will definitely improve this in future release.

1 Like

Could a PepLink rep please provide some additional information on how “WAN Smoothing” functions and how it relates to the other SpeedFusion enhancements discussed above?

I created this separate thread/question on WAN Smoothing if you want to reply in that thread.

Thanks!

Hi,

We have responded your question here.

1 Like

Hi TK,

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to see this post or not since it was last updated February of 2015, but I’ll take my chances. I am searching for my answer about what will happen when one WAN connection will fail that is set to WAN Mapping and I came to this thread. Hopefully, I can get answers since I’m yet to discover the answer.

Thanks!

Liew,why not yellow? Its more like ir could be used bit not un these momento, dont u think?

Hi,

You may get your answer from knowledge base here :).

1 Like

Hi AG,

Thanks for your advised. We will improve this in future release since this features are newly launched in v6.2.

1 Like

Tks TK!

You made my day!!!

AG

I just installed 6.2.2 RC and found this!

Nice feature!!! and tks a lot for listening!

AG

I have been considering Peplink hardware as a new customer and these features are critical to me as I have some poor quality links. Has this functionality been fully rolled out both in hardware product firmware and your virtualized products such as for AWS and VMware?

Advanced SpeedFusion features have been rolled out. Please take note FusionHub supports WAN Smoothing, Cut-off latency and Suspension time after packet loss at the moment.

1 Like

I’m running 6.3.3 on MAX700 connecting to latest BETA FusionHub but I don’t see the cut-off latency and suspension time options under the profile I have created on MAX700 to connect to FusionHub. Have they been removed or relocated?