T-Mobile performance on MAX Transit LTE-A

Hello Peplink Team,

I saw Steve refer to this post previously. Did you discover anything else about the sims, carrier limiting or this specific modem operation after investigating? If there were hardware issues with the modems, even previous generations of cards, it is useful to keep track of them.

Carrier limiting by IMEI, which Steve may have experienced here, is a common problem Peplink customers complain of in the US and Caribbean. It can be difficult to sort out what is happening for end users.

@seaward,

@stevemitchell case is more to bands selection issue. In some area the same carrier may offer few cellular bands (3G/LTE). Each cellular bands may having different cellular performance or speeds. This cause the speedtest having different results. Steve confirmed this via support ticket.

1 Like

Thank you, we also have seen band performance issues with our marine clients in overlapping coverage areas. Very difficult for the users to understand what is impacting their Peplink system performance.

Some of you marine guys should check out the new KVH LTE1 and it is using Peplink hardware though KVH is handling the airtime which is unrestricted speed wise. Also, it is activated on two carriers which is nice since each has better service in different areas:

https://landing.kvh.com/LTE

I’ve looked into it, but at $1700 for the unit, and $200 a month for 20GB, it definitely is out of my price range. I routinely use more than 20GB, and it looks like it is $10 per additional 1GB on their plan, which would be pretty pricey.

The system itself looks well designed, and knowing KVH would likely be easy to use. I could see this being very popular for larger yachts.