Switch SD-WAN Can support switch support upto 16k mac addresses it self?

Hi Team Could you advise more details for the product SD-SWITCH can support up to 16k mac address

1 Like

16 thousand devices! Now that is a network I’d like to see. Whats the use case? Seems like a extraordinarily large network segment?

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply Martin. Due to I have some in case referent with document from government agency compare Term of Reference for specific of sd switch if coverage I will present this product to our team include access point too.

1 Like

Ah OK. SO you’re working from a request to tender document? So be careful that the terms aren’t being confused. Noone in their right mind would intentionally build a layer 2 network with 16 thousands devices on it.

Maybe what they are saying is that they need a SDWAN solution for 16 thousand devices? That solution would need a management interface layer IC2 which could manage 16 thousand devices (IC2 manages 100,000s of device today so 16k is no problem.

3 Likes

Hi Wannas,

The mac address table can accommodate 16K mac addresses, but as @MartinLangmaid mentioned, make sure you check the request to tender document because it is an unusual request.

Erik

3 Likes