Surf SOHO - Can't Set AP WiFi Channel - FW 7.1.1

Hello, I looked at other similar discussion threads, and none really seemed to show a clear resolution. I’m at an RV park whose WiFi infrastructure is exceptional, and uses Channel 9 on the 2.4 GHz band (and 149 on the 5 GHz band).

I’m using the Surf SOHO in WiFi as WAN mode.

Channel 9 is very crowded, so in AP>Settings>Channel I selected Channel 5, then Save>Apply. The setting remains at 5 even after a reboot, but the device is still broadcasting on Channel 9.

What am I missing?

1 Like

The SOHO has a single radio for both WAN and AP functions. If you are connected to a WI-FI WAN, it will override the AP channel setting and use the channel of the WI-FI WAN.

2 Likes

Ahhh, understood. I wondered. Thank you for the rapid response. The RV park I stay at in the summer allows me to connect a cable modem, so I’ll double check the settings once I’m no longer leveraging WiFi as WAN.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for this Q & A. I was tearing my hair out over this… more warning in the UI would be great !

Since my WIFI WAN is connected to a 2.4Ghz-only WIFI, I was able to work around by using 5Ghz only for the AP. Now the WAN WIFI and AP WIFI are not interfering the way they were before (I believe).

1 Like