SpeedFusion VPN Bonding & Remote Workers

HQ has 1 WAN and one dozen of devices. WAN speed is 100Mb/s.
Star topology: branches connect to HQ directly through 1-3 providers each (3G/4G), ~1Mb/s each link (2-3Mb/s aggregate as i understand).

When we were investigating the best models for us, it was the router throughput, SpeedFusion throughput and number of SpeedFusion peers that made our decision.

I dream of 100Mb/s connections.

Is this symmetrical or asymmetrical.

Depending on the number of branches and if it’s symmetrical I would be looking at a minimum of a Balance 580 at your HQ (this is due to the Routers Network throughput at 400Mbps, giving you room to expand, as the 380 is limited to 200Mbps through put which you are already at).

The 580 can cope with 80Mbps SpeedFusion throughput, this would allow multiple branches to access your HQ at the same time.

The 580 is limited to 50 SpeedFusion links, so do you have more than 50 branches?

Not 100% sure about “branches connect to HQ directly through 1-3 providers each (3G/4G)”
Ie… do branches have multiple devices or multiple provides over different branches?

Are your branches only 3g/4g
The Balance 210 / 310 / 380 are all limited to one USB modem port, PepLink do have the MAX range (I’ve not had chance to look at) but the “MAX On-The-Go” looks like it will work for your branches.

That is exactly what I am thinking, Mike :up: MAX On-The-Go would be an excellent fit for the remote branches connecting on 1-3 USB 4G/3G.

1 Like

Have a look at this, Mike.

We are introducing PepVPN, that is part 2 of the story we were talking about. PepVPN does not come with the premium seamless failover or bandwidth bonding features, but it will allow you to establish a secure tunnel to any SpeedFusion device. Some models allow you to upgrade PepVPN to SpeedFusion with a license key so if down the road we want to take advantage of SpeedFusion benefits, there is a seamless upgrade path.

We will make PepVPN a standard feature on all our our devices at no extra cost. Balance 20/30 will come with PepVPN in a firmware upgrade that is coming right up.

1 Like