SpeedFusion Cloud Instructions - Safeguarding Your Connectivity

Watch this video to learn what is SpeedFusion Cloud.

1 Like

Will this be made available to the public or will it remain exclusive to partners?

1 Like

This is scheduled to be announced to the public tomorrow Mar 24, US time.

2 Likes

Really nice (and very thoughtful and considerate) work on this, folks. Really.

Quick question: We interpret the quote below to mean if two PepVPNs are already in use and an optional (5/20) license has not been added the new SF will not be “counted” against this total. Correct? We just tried it and the attempt was rejected because the number of PepVPNs were at maximum. Maybe we misunderstood?

1 Like

Hello Peplink Team,
For devices like the MAX Transit Duo, if these devices do not have the optional SpeedFusion licence, will the device need the additional SpeedFusion licence first for SpeedFusion Cloud to still work?
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rick-DC, from the firmware download page:

Known Issue:
SpeedFusion Cloud cannot be enabled if the Number of PepVPN SpeedFusion Peers is fully used by existing PepVPN SpeedFusion Profiles. For example, A MAX HD2 supports up to two PepVPN/SpeedFusion profiles, if two PepVPN/SpeedFusion profiles are already active, SpeedFusion Cloud cannot be enabled.

I’m sure the team is working on this. Thanks

2 Likes

@mldowling, the MAX Transit Duo will work, as you can see my testing unit is Balance 30-LTE with base PepVPN option and the device is activated with SpeedFusion Cloud.

3 Likes

Hi I tried to connected to speed fusion cloud .

There are two profile here.May I ask why and how can I use them efficiently.

1 Like

This is available to all Peplink users… so it’s both public and partners. If your devices do not have SpeedFusion enabled, the new firmware enables it for the next 90 days. We hope this could help everybody stay connected during this challenging moments.

5 Likes

@Ally

Please check on the Walkthrough video as posted and that explained how you can use the two SpeedFusion WAN tunnels.

Generally “default tunnel” is main to be SpeedFusion bonding capability enabled while “WAN Smoothing tunnel” is WAN Smoothing capability enabled. You can easily forward the application traffics to the tunnels base on the application requirements.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply ,also I want to know how to check that wan smoothing is working or not? There were multiple options in previous speedfuison profile,like “normal”,“medium”“high”,how could I do some set to make this work on this Speedfusion cloud profile?

2 Likes

Editing the SpeedFusion WAN tunnel profiles is not allow now. WAN Smoothing “Normal” level is enabled and WAN smoothing tunnel also able to work on single WAN device deployment.

There is no easy way to check on that. You may need to perform packet capture to check the redundant packets sent.

2 Likes

Hi , Good day,

Hi tried to add my Balance 30 HW2 but the message is :
Model is not eligible for registration: 1824-6B8B-xxxx

also we got the addon key for another device with SN: 1925-8958-xxxx but while applying the message is:
Activation failed… key has been used.

Please advise

The message seems to indicate the license has been activated on the device. Can you try to check at the device PepVPN setting page, or, check the Event Log? You will see the message “SpeedFusion WAN Activation Key (100GB) is now activated!” in the Event Log if the key is applied successfully.

2 Likes

Yes , in the event log it shows activated and I see the option SpeedFusion WAN.
Thanks

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this!

This will be a big help for us here in the Philippines where I setup Peplink for a community on edge with very unstable internet specially this time where everyone is online.

Currently I am the one supplying internet for 3 clinics and a hospital in our area where most users are the frontliners.

Again kudos to Peplink team for this.

8 Likes

Where is the SpeedFusion Cloud hosted though, like what location? As we are in Canada so our customer’s can’t have their data routing through the United States. Do we get to pick locations or how do we see where they are?

1 Like

Hi there,

This will be also available for outdated devices?
Nuno

1 Like

Any option to purchase a dedicated IP address?

Is there an announced normal cost per month for this service?

Looks like a neat option.

2 Likes