Specific Devices Regularly Cannot Connect to MAX Transit

I’ve been using a MAX Transit for a while, hard wired to my batteries in an RV. There are specific devices that can connect at times but not at other times, while other devices always connect without any issues. I am using the same SIM in all cases. These devices have issues:

Ecobee3 Lite Thermostat
Nest Protect Smoke Detectors
TP-Link Smart Plugs

In contrast, I have a Nest Hub that has never failed to connect to the MAX. Right now, I can connect all three of the above devices to another hotspot with a different SIM. Is the MAX preventing these connections? What should I check? Thanks for your help!

I’ll mention the only thing I’ve seen related to this… When I had this SSID specific setting for “management frame protection” set to disabled… I had a Leviton light switch that would disconnect every 5 minutes and then immediately re-connect… so it’s wasn’t causing me problems, but it was odd behavior. When I set this to optional it fixed the disconnects. Just something to try.

ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 23 20.29

1 Like

I can’t find that Security Settings section anywhere. Can you tell me where to find it? Thanks!

It’s located under → AP → Wireless SSID → click the name of your SSID. The setting only applies to WPA2, if it’s set for the new WPA3, then that is also an issue as devices don’t like WPA3 yet.