[Solved] Status \ Event Log doesn't render in Remote Web Admin via inControl

When using the inControl panel to access the remote web admin page of a SoHo Mk3 and Balance 20, the eventlog.js code throws an error an doesn’t properly load in Chrome of Firefox:

index.cgi?mode=config&option=utlog:767 Uncaught ReferenceError: create_log_table is not defined
at Object.get_div_func [as get_div] (index.cgi?mode=config&option=utlog:767)
at index.cgi?mode=config&option=utlog:793
at Function.map (jquery.js?$Name: 2016/09/08 20:31:08 $:2)
at HTMLDocument. (index.cgi?mode=config&option=utlog:789)
at i (jquery.js?$Name: 2016/09/08 20:31:08 $:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?$Name: 2016/09/08 20:31:08 $:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.js?$Name: 2016/09/08 20:31:08 $:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?$Name: 2016/09/08 20:31:08 $:2)

Not an urgent issue at all, but it seems to be a new problem not directly related to the firmware on the Peplink itself, as that has not changed on at least one of our managed devices since this issue started up.

We cannot reproduce the problem on Chrome and Firefox. Please try if you also find the problem in incognito/private browsing mode. If yes, please PM me your device’s remote web admin URL.

1 Like

I’ve actually had that exact error before. In my case it was caused by uBlock Origin blocking one of the javascript files needed to build that page. As the blocking lists are often 3rd party to the ad blockers, I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw similar issues with Adblock, adblock pro, uBlock, etc. etc.

As Michael said, an easy test would be to enable incognito/private mode which should start with all your extensions disabled.

1 Like

Thanks JamesPep, uBlock Origin was blocking this on load due to a generic match on “eventlog.js”

1 Like