SOHO w dedicated DHCP connect to AP One in bridge mode - does not see printer

Hi I have a SOHO MK3 (v8.0.0) and an AP One AC mini (v3.6.1 build 1889). I am running the SOHO with the AP disabled (that is another topic) and have the AP One connected via a LAN port. The AP One is running in bridge mode. On the SOHO I have a DHCP reservation for an old HP WiFi enabled printer/scanner which only runs on the 2.4GHz network. For some reason the AP One does not see the printer when the SOHO AP is off and the AP One AP is on.The SOHO has a VLAN configured that the HP printer and PC connects to via its SSID.

In order to print or scan I use InControl2 to switch the AP of the SOHO on and switch the AP of the AP One off. Then I can print and scan from my PC and my Mac. When done printing I do the reverse.

Question: is there an easier way to enable printing and scanning with the SOHO AP disabled and the AP One AC mini AP enabled?

Thanks
bob

Quick question: Can you ping the printer from your computer with the SOHO AP off and the AC Mini on?

I cannot.

I cannot ping my Mac from my PC to setup file sharing. I know that because I spent several hours doing it before i finally realized I needed to turn the SOHO AP on and turn off the AC mini. Then it worked perfectly but that is not the config I run normally,

thanks
bob

Well, the easiest way would be to replace the SOHO with a Peplink router with a built-in AP controller, e.g., a Balance 20. :neutral_face: The Balance series do a great job of managing APs.

OK, so do I understand correctly that the PC and the Mac also can’t “talk” with each other when the SOHO AP is off and the AC Mini is on? And, you don’t have the AC Mini in “router mode,” right? (Sorry … As I write this I don’t have access to an AP I can reconfigure to test – all, at every installation, are controlled by Peplink routers.)

I understand correctly that the PC and the Mac also can’t “talk” with each other when the SOHO

AP is off and the AC Mini is on? True
And, you don’t have the AC Mini in “router mode,” right? True

Background: The reason for the AC Mini is support was trying to diagnose why the SOHO would go off line. They provided a mini so I could shut off SOHO AP to see if it was a problem with the SOHO itself. The SOHO w/o running the AP has not shut down. We did discover the AP portion of the SOHO was getting overwhelmed by the Netgear basestation my Arlo cameras use and was knocking the 2.4GHz frequency off line and shutting down the SOHO.

Bob