SOHO Mk 3 - Changing the Password

I just received my new Router yesterday. The initial setup went fine. Operating perfectly.

I have installed the latest SW, I believe it is 7.0.2

I have tried to reset the admin password on several occasions to no avail. After entering the new password twice, I hit the SAVE at the bottom of the screen, then APPLY at the top of the screen.

After cycling power and holding in the reset button with a paperclip, I am unable to LOGIN.

I am using admin and the last 8 digits of the MAC address.

Very frustrating. Help. Thanks

The last 8 digits of the MAC address only applies to the default Wi-Fi password and this is separate from the admin password. The default admin password is always admin

Thanks

1 Like

I forgot it was admin/admin after a factory reset. I can now access the Web Admin page.

How do I change what the router reads on my Computer. I updated the Router Name in System, but it had no effect. I changed my SSID but the password is now the last 8 of the MAC address (not the most secure). How do I change my WiFi password for my new SSID?

Thanks

I apologize for my ignorance. Thanks for the quick response!!

Where do I change my WiFi password?

Figured it out. No further help required. Thanks

1 Like

Glad you got it setup!

1 Like

So, how does one change the default Wi-fi password? I have the same need, but I have not figured it out.
Thank you.

…on a Surf SOHO MK3, firmware 7.0.1 build 1260.
Many thanks.

The Pepwave Surf SOHO User Manual (January 2017 edition, FW 7) describes setting up access points/Wi-Fi LANs in chapter 17. The manual documents how to set the Wi-Fi password(s) (among other things).
You find the manuals on the Peplink support pages: https://www.peplink.com/support/downloads/

Zegor_mjol,
Thank you for trying to teach me how to fish, but I have the FW 7 User manual, and had searched it from top to bottom for the string ‘password’. It was not found in the context of setting up a WI-FI access point. Perhaps the access point password goes by another name. I do not know these things. Would you kindly provide the explicit page number and paragraph that cites the information I need? It may be obvious once I know, but technology is like that sometimes.

With many thanks,
Keith

ZChapter 17 “AP” starts on page 82
“ Wireless SSID” starts on the same page.
“security policy” is on p. 84

Enjoy.

PS my apologies for coming across as snarky

1 Like

Hi Zegor-mjol,
Thank you, that helped very much. For our children and grandchildren, the answer is to enter the password in the ‘Shared Key’ field, Save and Apply Changes. The password can be up to 63 ascii or extended ascii characters. Un-clicking Hide Characters helped me tremendously.

Best wishes.

1 Like