Sim injector / remote Sim manager instructions

@Harry_Thompson

Suppose all the settings in SIM Card A or SIM Card B should not take effect to the RemoteSIM connection. This is the reason why you need to enable the Roaming option , Custom APN in the RemoteSIM Management page. Do allow me to further clarify this and update back. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey @sitloongs
We need all the usual settings available when using RemoteSIM.

From our testing, the following is currently the case;

Carrier Selection - Works for both Physical SIM & Remote SIM from main cellular details
LTE/3G - Works for both Physical SIM & Remote SIM from main cellular details
Band Selection - Works for both Physical SIM & Remote SIM from main cellular details (tested and confirmed today)
Data Roaming - Set for Physical SIM on main cellular details / Set for Remote SIM under remote SIM Management
Authentication - Not tested
Operator Settings - Set for Physical SIM on main cellular details / Set for Remote SIM under remote SIM Management
APN / Username / Password / SIM PIN - Set for Physical SIM on main cellular details / Set for Remote SIM under remote SIM Management
Bandwidth Allowance Monitor - Set for Physical SIM on main cellular details / Not available for Remote SIM (need some way of monitoring Remote SIM usage on the device)

All the options above which are “Set for Remote SIM under remote SIM Management” should be greyed out on the main cellular details page when “Use Remote SIM Only” is selected with a note/warning “These settings can be found under Remote SIM Management in the advanced section”

1 Like

Hello @Harry_Thompson,
We have been working with @sitloongs and several of the Peplink team in the firmware and other members here in the forum in improving the documentation.
Great to read your discoveries and thoughts, they are well received.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, I would like to ask this question again.

In the cellular detail page I can allocate 2 slots of the sim injector dedicated to the particular modem.
But what are the conditions of their use?
Why would I allocate 2 SIM slots? is there a process of which SIM would be the active SIM? Under what conditions is one slot chosen over the other?

Thank you,
Tim.

1 Like

Hello Tim @tgorter,
As you have discovered, you can alocate lots of SIM Injectors and multiple ports into the config

At the moment the greatest use is for where people are using Prepaid SIMs, for all other SIMs, there is currently no advantage that I can find except to offer the SIM as a fail over between different carriers.

Peplink are working on improving this functionality, we too look forward to applying all the flexibility to the Remote SIMs as is available with the Local SIMs.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello,

Currently the SIM PIN is not supported in Remote SIM. expected fix in firmware ver 8.1.1
to get around this issue now is to first disable SIM PIN via a mobile phone.

Can we get a confirmation on the support of PIN code in release 8.1.1?
My tests with a MBX are failing.

Thx

@Venn, we target to support SIM PIN for RemoteSIM in 8.2.0.

Awesome - thanks for letting us know.
Any idea of release date (or Beta) ?
What about Data Limits on Sims and how to disconnect one Sim after it reaches it Data limit to shift to the Next Sim ?

@jost, we don’t have a solid date for releasing 8.2.0 as 8.1.2 still in RC release.

The device will look for the next available SIM card from the SIM Injector if the existing RemoteSIM is disconnected.

1 Like

Hello @mldowling ,

Lets say I have 3 prepaid simcards from 3 difference carriers and define them on the remote sim settings, how does the HD dome behave, which sim will be chosen first and if the first sim runs out of data, will it automatically move on the next? There is a very limited resources on this. Hope to get clear answers. Thank you in advance.

Hi Guys

Any ETA on supported the country blocking through the sims injector? This is a vital feature.

Cheers

@RoamingExpert, we will look into the requested feature - Data roaming with MCC for RemoteSIM.

1 Like