Sick BR1? Wont passthrough WAN, Slow internal AP

My BR1 is located on a motorcoach. Currently connected to a cable modem with 112 mbs tested speed through the cable modem. Woke this morning to no internet through an attached ARRIS SBR-AC1750. Past couple of days, I see lights flashing on the ARRIS and reset by powering off and on. This morning, only the WAN light was flashing. Cable modem was running properly. Switched the WAN directly to the ARRIS and WAN locked on and had good AP speeds of 110+mbs.

Reconnected and rebooted the BR1 and noted firmware was current. Checked the wifi speed through the internal AP and it was only 14mbs and the ARRIS would not lock on to the WAN (cable connection). routed the BR1 through the ARRIS and got 100+mbs through the ARRIS 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz wifi. BR1 was still ~14mbs.

Seems like the BR1 is sick, but I cannot figure out why. BR1 is about 3.5 years old in 24/7 operation (~30,000 hours)

Wondering if it needs to be replaced/repaired. Also wondering if I have to replace it, what to replace it with. Current specs look the same as mine. Noted a MK2 version.

Note about use. I use the BR1 in 4G mode while traveling and noticed for a few months that I could not get good speeds through the BR1 internal AP. Added the ARRIS mainly when hooked up to a cable modem, but noted decent (50mbs) wifi speed coming through the BR1 on 4G. This morning, I could not get anything through the BR1 ethernet to the ARRIS. Again, Bypassing the BR1 my ARRIS is screaming.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Bob

Please open a support ticket for support team to check.
https://contact.peplink.com/secure/create-support-ticket.html

1 Like

I have submitted a ticket.

Took 6 times trying with iPad, then Mac Safari and finally got it through using Google Chrome on the Mac.