SFE SIM card not detected

I updated the SpeedFusion Engine SFE-DUO-LTEA to firmware 7.1.1 build 3102 and noticed that the SIM cards are not detected. I replaced the SIMs with new ones and still had the same issue. The SIM card slots are looking ok.

I downgraded the firmware to 7.1.0s045 build 2926 and the SIMs are detected and the SFE works as normal.

Is there a known SIM issue with firmware 7.1.1 build 3102?

Hi @edwins

Yes, for the moment, we recommend staying with your 7.1.0s045 Firmware. However, if you want to upgrade to 7.1.1, our engineering team will be able to help resolve the problem you are facing with “No SIM Detected” type messages.

However, in order for the engineers to help, please open a > Support < ticket, enable > Remote Assistance < and connect the SpeedFusion Engine to a Wired WAN (changing the Ethernet port from LAN to WAN first).

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like

thanks for the update Steve, for now I leave it on 7.1.0. I assume Peplink is working a new F/W to fix this issue?

Hi, yes the engineering team are working to resolve this - I don’t think there will be a 7.1.1 Firmware for the SpeedFusion Engine - next release for the SpeedFusion Engine is likely to be 7.1.2.

Thanks,

Steve

2 Likes

Hello @Steve.Taylor,
In reference to this SIM card issue and the firmware 7.1.2 release as mentioned here Balance/MAX Firmware 7.1.2 RC1 & SD Switch Firmware 1.2.0 RC1, we do not see this SIM card issues being mentioned in the release notes of bugs fixed, can you please verify for us and also if this bug has been adressed in the firmware 8.x beta release?
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @mldowling,

Yes you are right, currently, 7.1.2 RC does NOT contain the necessary fix, however, when 7.1.2 becomes GA, then the fix will be included.

I hope this helps,

Steve

2 Likes