Setting up L2TP With IPsec

Hi.

We are having problems with setting up L2TP with IPsec connection via Windows 10 integrated IPsec client. I followed instructions exactly, but it doesn’t work for me. In PC it just says that modem has reported error. No events seen in Peplink Event log. We have Balance 710 with 8.0.2 build 2721.

Any idea?

Kind regards

@ProjektIP, I do not see any L2TP/IPsec RUA related known issue in 8.0.2, but it might be worth to upgrade to 8.1.0 to see if that brings any difference.

If the issue persists after upgrading to firmware 8.1.0, you may submit a support ticket for the team to take a closer look.

1 Like

We upgraded to 8.1.0 build 4942 and still the same results. We will submit a ticket to find out what is going on here.

Hi, my Balance One and Mac connect fine and I can ping the Balance one and log into the Admin page, but I can’t see or get into other units on the LAN. I tried an Inbound rule (attached) and the opposite (source - destination) and one with the LAN in both source and destination, but none worked. My Mac VPN is set to send all traffic over the VPN and my Balance One Remote is set to connect to the untagged LAN.

Any thoughts? Thank you! Woodie

@Pascal_parole , were you ever able to this figure out / get it working?

Yes my problem is solved

1 Like