Serious Streaming Issues (100% cpu)

well, if i click on that it brings me right back to the normal gui PepVPN overview tab. :thinking:

After you enable it in the /support.cgi screen, you have to go to the router UI, Advanced > Speedfusion tab and you’ll see an additional line that lets you choose the Traffic Distribution Mode.

ok thx, i see it now. this whole thing with the hidden features is pretty strange with pepwave devices!

why can’t we have a simple toggle button like on cisco and co to switch between simple and advanced mode? simple is out of the box, advance just shows all options… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I suspect that the Traffic Distribution Mode capability is somewhat experimental. Actually, Peplink says that Dynamic Weighted Bonding MAY improve things for LTE connections, so it IS somewhat experimental.
It kind of makes sense to bury it a little deeper in the interface until such mode changes are more proven. My two cents.

1 Like

is FEC even worth having on when Wan Smoothing is ON?

I would have thought it’s just causing extra CPU load given you are already sending the packet down every WAN and then using whichever gets there first.

there are some good past threads / posts explaining FEC and Smoothing, when to use one or the other, or both simultaneously.

we have to test it further, but when doing live-streams like streaming to YT/FB with LTE WANs it is advertised to get better results with less lost packets, etc.