Security key after reset on BR1

Please tell me how to get into the BR1 after default reset,It now requires a security key.
Below are things i did already.
1.I already plugged in a lan connect,wont open it up to reset passwords.
2.Used every number on the back of the unit as a security key.
3.No firmware upgrade required on this unit.
Come on folks i cant be the only one here dealing with this!

Default IP address is 192.168.50.1 and username and password for both are admin

1 Like

Hi Tim ,Thank you I am aware of this, FYI you dont get anywhere without the security key.

What security key are you referring to? Do you have a screenshot?

No security key is needed if you are connected via Ethernet to a LAN port on the BR1. Your PC should have DHCP enabled for the Ethernet connection and it should be getting an IP address like 192.168.50.10

1 Like

Im connected by Lan,computer can see it ,but all is stopped without the network security key

Hi Tim ,im sorry I cant send a pic on this thread,computer can see the BR1 and requires a network security key to access ,It wont open the login page
when I type it into the browser .The BR1 wi fi signal is visable.It wants a security key to access ,thats as far as it goes.

Thank you

It’s a “connect to a network” security key probably something on the computer end of this.
Thank you

It is recommended to connect via Ethernet cable for initial configuration. If you are connecting via Wi-Fi then it will be the last 8 digits of the MAC address which is located on the silver label of the device.

1 Like

Yes been trying with ethernet cable ,no luck, all was fine untill “restore to factory defaults”

The screenshot you sent is asking for the Wi-Fi password so you are not connecting via Ethernet. I suggest you disable the Wi-Fi altogether on your PC and try again.

If you need help on how to operate your PC you may need to seek help from a friend or colleague.
Thanks

2 Likes

OK Im In and on the login page!,My mistake was hooking ethernet cable to Home WI FI modem/router which worked before for getting in and set up.
The Fix was acheived by connecting the BR1 directly to my computer with ethernet cable, then when i put in the 192.168.50.1 into the browser the computer picked it up and i was on the login page.