Hey, Marcus, you're excellent to have pinged back so quick on this topic. Sadly, none of these tweaks changed the Galaxy TabPro 10.1's behavior. One interesting thing to note since you recommended changing to Australia right off the bat...I spent about 8 hours resurrecting this TabPro from a bad root & OS flash. Thankfully, what finally stuck was the latest firmware from Samsung, but it's an Australian build, if you can believe that! (But I am in the US, East Coast, mid-Atlantic) It's Android 4.4.2, KitKat, July 2014 kernel, T5200XXUANG1; I put that in this post in case it ever helps anyone visiting the forums. Again, this is a Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1, model SM-T520.
Something I was never able to find in my Pepwave admin console was this setting...
Change your 5Hz bandwidth to 20 MHz
I have the 802.11ng & 802.11ac protocols & their channel widths in MHz, as well as the SSID GHz settings of 2.4 and 5, but nothing that allows me to fine tune a 5Hz bandwidth to 20MHz.
I did try changing the 802.11ac channel width fro 80MHz to 20/40MHz, as I saw that as something to try on another site's forums, but no joy on this Samsung tablet.
Again, the tablet connects up fine w/ my Samsung Galaxy S5's Verizon WiFi hotspot. Just not w/ this Pepwave product. I'm actually starting to see that throughput limit affecting streaming stuff from the web...let's say someone has web stream of something going on downstairs & someone's watching Netflix upstairs. Spectrum 100mpbs download, even used plain Jane Cisco/Linksys E3200 before this Pepwave unit & it had similar range & better throughput.
Dangit. For $200, I expected better.