[Resolved] Slow Performance

Your good then bad results lead me to believe there is something going on outside of the AP’s control. I know the support team is working on your ticket and we will try our best to help you isolate and resolve the issue.

We have tens of thousands of these deployed worldwide with very positive results and feedback.

I’m sorry that your particular installation has caused you so many headaches, and I feel where you are coming from on the net admin side!

The Balance 380 has been working like a champ. The AP Ones are what I continue to have a problem with. Can’t monitor them with SNMP, so difficult to see what they are doing.
It is hard to believe I have network problems when I put the AP Ones in place of Cisco Aironet 1100 and 1200 series access points (same switch port, same cable etc) that I never had problems of this nature with (once it was up - we NEVER had problems in coverage areas). All the troubleshooting we’ve done has consistently pointed to the AP Ones as the problem (thus the firmware upgrades, changes from managed by Balance 380 and not etc).

I’m setting up a full scale monitoring of the network traffic, but since I can’t get the SNMP to work with the AP Ones, I’ll be blind to that. Hopefully the network traffic view will give some insight. I have no doubts a lot of people have had good experiences with a variety of products, but I question the use of the model of AP Ones we have, based on my experience and some discussions other people have had on the forum. I’ve never had this kind of problems with access points before with other brands I’ve used.

Is there any update for this issue ??

Yes – this problem was resolved after escalating it to our Engineers. An updated firmware will correct the issue but it is still being tested before becoming a public release. Please open up a support ticket with us and we will provide you with a link to the firmware.

Thanks for your reply,
I will wait for the public release of the firmware.

Best regards.

We continue to have problems with slowness. We had replied to the tech but not heard back.
Certain brands of wireless cards (Intel ironically) tend to have a bigger issue. If you reboot the device every night and possibly once in the day you tend to be OK, but there is no reason you should have to do so.
I haven’t heard back from support in weeks. Was slow on the response to this post given a project I’ve been away working on.

We are running beta releases of the firmware, which did help some, but this isn’t a feasible long term solution. We are about out of our 1 year support, and thus far haven’t had very good response times or solutions. Will probably look to replace the systems as the wireless is too critical for us to keep running in this degraded state.

We have a hosted EMR, so our bandwidth usage on the wireless is minimal, yet the response times to even pings are out of control. No chance to have consistency. One day everything is fine, the next problems. Support has tried to pin in on our network many times, yet every time we get a new firmware update it helps. Network traffic monitoring tells me the same - just can’t get enough information from the wireless access point to see what’s going on.

So either at this point support can hit a home run and give me a release that actually fixes this problem or we’ll stop bugging them and switch. It’s not worth the hassle anymore, and we were not able to send this junk back originally.

By the way this isn’t resolved, but thanks for taking the courtesy of not contacting me to ask, or following up on the fun method of emailing support and not hearing back.

I believe it is you we are waiting to hear back from via the support ticket that is open in our system, maybe you aren’t getting the responses?

Anyways, your dissatisfaction with our AP’s and customer service is duly noted and we will arrange for a full refund. Please email me the serial numbers of your devices and I will personally see that this gets taken care of, we can even pick up the return shipping costs for you.

Because of all your hassles in dealing with this, I am also going to give you one free year of TotalCare coverage for your Balance 380, please send me the serial number as well.

I hope this arrangement is suitable for you and we appreciate your business and support.

On a side note, we just sold a ton of these to a school system that can now successfully connect and use 45+ iPads in a classroom simultaneously using our AP and they absolutely love it. I just wish we could have seen these results in your environment as well.

Best regards,
Tim
[email protected]

1 Like

Spoke with Tim - we are sending our AP Ones back as per his last post. This is of great benefit to us, and we really appreciate it. We’ve had great performance out of our load balancer. Thanks so much for taking care of this.