I remember having problems establishing a OVPN connection with Remote User Access before, but it seemed like changing the user name length, maybe password length was the issue. I’ve limited my username and password to between 8 and 12 characters- all letters and one number. I’ve tried OpenVPN client for windows, Shimo and Viscosity. All result in an error like this:
2020-11-23 16:28:58: Checking reachability status of connection…
2020-11-23 16:28:58: Connection is reachable. Starting connection attempt.
2020-11-23 16:28:58: OpenVPN 2.4.9 x86_64-apple-darwin [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [LZ4] [PKCS11] [MH/RECVDA] [AEAD] built on Nov 10 2020
2020-11-23 16:28:58: library versions: OpenSSL 1.1.1h 22 Sep 2020, LZO 2.10
2020-11-23 16:29:12: State changed to Disconnecting (Username/Password Cancelled)
2020-11-23 16:29:12: ERROR: could not read Auth username/password/ok/string from management interface
2020-11-23 16:29:12: Mon Nov 23 16:29:12 2020 Exiting due to fatal error
I’m running firmware 8.1.0 on a Balance One. DHCP is running on all LANs. I’ve trying changing the “Connect to Network” options (all have DHCP options). I’ve changed compression from “off” to LZO to LZ4.
The ISP modem/router is set to give DMZ to the Peplink. Not sure what else to try. Thanks!