Radius auth for PPTP/L2TP VPN

I may be missing something here but I am trying to find out how to enable end-user authentication via RADIUS instead of the local users. I see under security how to enable for web logins for administrators but when that is enabled vpn users still auth against the local users.

Also, any progress on allowing something other than admin access for all radius users?

Thanks in advance for your help! :slight_smile:
scd

Having the same issue on a Balance 30 LTE. the Manual says

“Authenticate L2TP / PPTP clients using RADIUS and LDAP servers”

But, I can’t get Radius working for any VPN users, only uses local users.

@scdickey

Do you enable the Radius setting for Remote User Access ?

1 Like

@AaronHunter

Do you have Radius server configuration defined as below?

1 Like

Hi Aaron:

No, in fact I do not even see that setting option on this unit. The only thing I can do is add individual remote access users with a password.

Model:

Peplink Balance 20

Firmware:

7.1.0 build 3504

I believe I am running latest code. Do I need another setting enabled somewhere before this turns on?

If I get this working is it possible to then limit who can access the admin console when authenticating via radius?

Thanks for your help with this.

scd

@sitloongs

Yes, RADIUS has been configured per this thread and functions perfectly for the device Admin Webpage, but does not work for the VPN users. The only VPN logins that work are the manual accounts built directly in the FW.

-Aaron

@Aaron @scdickey

Very sorry because i missed out the device model info given.

B20/B30 LTE doesn’t support PPTP/L2TP authentication via Radius. That is the reason why you can’t find the configuration options.

1 Like