Questions regarding AP One 300M

We’ve had a Balance One in the office for months and recently added a AP One 300M for a better signal on the other side of the office. I updated the Balance One firmware to 6.2.2 and the AP One 300M to 3.5.2 and then set the AP controller in the Balance One to control the AP One 300M.

Once the Balance One started controlling the 300M, I could no longer log into the 300M. Is this normal? (instead I get the “This page can’t be displayed” error in the browser.

For some reason the 300M has been going offline at least once per day causing everyone on that end of the building to loose their network connection. Are there any settings one the Balance One or 300M that may be causing it to go offline?

I turned off the AP controller on the Balance One and then rebooted the 300M, but I still can’t log into the 300M. I can see it on the Balance One client list and thus I know I’m using the correct IP address to connect to it but I can’t seem to connect (“This page can’t be displayed”). Do I need to reset the 300M to factory setting so I can log into it again?

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Hi,

This may related to the AP Profile “Web Administration Settings” defined for the Balance One . Do make sure the the Web Administration is enabled else you won’t able to manage the AP locally after the AP is being manage by the controller.

For more information, please refer to the screenshot below:

For some reason the 300M has been going offline at least once per day causing everyone on that end of the building to loose their network connection. Are there any settings one the Balance One or 300M that may be causing it to go offline?

Do you enable WiFI Operating Schedule for the AP profile ? If yes, make sure the scheduler & the AP NTP time is defined properly else you going to have frequent Offline issue.

For more information, please refer to the screenshot below:

Please open a support ticket here if this is not related to the settings that mention above

Thank You

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. The first one, Web Administration Settings, was the reason I couldn’t log into the 300M. That issue has been resolved.

For the problem of the 300M dropping offline, I could not find an option for the Operating Schedule in the AP profile, even after expanding to the advanced settings view. However, since I fixed the Web Administration Settings, the 300M has quit dropping offline. I’m not sure if it is coincidence or not, so I’m just letting it run for now to see if the problem comes up again.

Thanks,

Hi,

Please monitor the Wifi dropping problem. Do let us know if problem persists.

Thank you.

1 Like

I have a AP One 300m, and can not get the Dashboard AP screen to show any informant ion . The unit is working fine, but nothing shows up on this screen. Does anyone now how to turn it on. It just shows the spinning arrow.