Question about bonding 4 10Mbps DSL

My customer would like to order 4 DSL connections that run at 10/1 max. We’re going to use FusionHub in a data centre to bond the 4 DSL connections together. From what I can see, it seems like it’s the most economical to get the Balance One Core, the licence to convert LAN 1-3 to WAN, and the licence for SpeedFusion, otherwise I think I’d need the Balance 580? Appreciate any feedback!

Hi, Yes this most certainly would be the most economical route to follow.
Please feel free to contact me directly at if you would like to discuss this further.

Be careful how you set customer expectations on bonding DSL. As an unshielded copper based technology -where multiple circuits are frequently delivered to a customer premises on a single multi-core cable, there can be considerable RF interference between the circuits when in use that negatively impacts the use of all circuits at the same time (ie for bonding).

I would suggest that using cellular if possible as a way to increase bandwidth to the customer would be much more successful than bonding 4 x copper based DSL services.

If they can only get DSL, make sure they request ingress separation from the telecoms provider - preferably separate physically spaced cables for each service.

1 Like