SpeedFusion Cloud Instructions - Safeguarding Your Connectivity

Right now, we’re all stuck at home. We need Internet access to reach the office, but home connections are not always reliable. So we are going to do something about this and offer a service to the community.

If you already own a Peplink product, we would like to provide you with free SpeedFusion for 90 days so you can work remotely without any extra financial baggage. To enable this, we’re preparing special Firmware for all Balance / MAX / Surf SOHO devices.

You do not need to set up a second endpoint. With this special Firmware, your Peplink devices can connect to SpeedFusion Cloud. The service consists of a number of SpeedFusion endpoints we’re hosting around the world. Wherever you are, the SpeedFusion Cloud will connect your device to the nearest endpoint for unbreakable connectivity.

During the next 90 days, we are offering this as a free service for the Peplink community. We are offering each device a connection to the SpeedFusion Cloud (up to 50Mbps) with a usage cap at 100GB*. We hope that this will help remote employees remain effective, help businesses keep running, help students stay connected for eLearning, and keep people and services connected in these trying moments.

Getting the Special Firmware

With InControl: The special Firmware will appear within your organization's Firmware policy options

Without InControl: To enable free SpeedFusion on your device, please head to the following link to download the special Firmware:

https://forum.peplink.com/t/firmware-for-speedfusion-cloud/26971

Enabling Free SpeedFusion Cloud Access

Please provide us with your email and device serial numbers here:
http://pavilion.peplink.com/speedfusioncloud/enrollment

* Final throughput depends on device capacity. If you need more data at faster speeds, we also have connectivity packages available for purchase. But if you are a non-profit organization or have difficulty to acquiring a connectivity package, please reach our team ([email protected]) and we'll arrange something for you.

Specific Steps

• Step 1 - Update to Firmware 8.1.0 RC 2 or above
  • Step 2 - Enter Serial Numbers: Enter the serial numbers of the devices you wish to enable the SpeedFusion Cloud service for. This page supports 200 devices maximum, so if you have more than that, please use multiple entries.
  • Step 3 - Receive Confirmation Email: Once registration is complete, we will send you a confirmation email including license keys.
  • Step 4 - Apply SpeedFusion License:
    • With InControl: InControl will then push the license automatically.
    • Without InControl: Apply the license keys from the WebUI by navigating to System > Feature Add-ons.
  • Step 5 - Enable the SpeedFusion Cloud on the WebUI:
    Go to the Network tab on a Balance (Advanced tab on a MAX). Go to the SpeedFusion Section. Appear below the “profiles” section, there will be a “SpeedFusion Cloud”. Edit the SpeedFusion Cloud, click save and then click “save and apply changes”
  • Step 6 - Assign Traffic: Use Outbound Policy to define the traffic you want to protect using the SpeedFusion Cloud.

Walkthrough

Frequently Asked Questions

What happens when I hit the 100GB usage cap or after 90 days?
Once you hit the 100GB usage cap or after 90 days, the SpeedFusion Cloud will disconnect. We will soon announce upgrade licenses to handle higher usage and longer durations.

Can I terminate/suspend my existing Internet service once it is connected to SpeedFusion Cloud?
No, we leverage existing broadband to provide unbreakable connectivity. This service combines the bandwidth of existing links into a SpeedFusion connection.

Does the device have to be in warranty or have an InControl subscription?
This offer is for all customers, the device does not need warranty or InControl subscription.

My device only supports 2x SpeedFusion profiles and they are both in use. Can I still use the SpeedFusion Cloud service?
Yes you can, the SpeedFusion Cloud does not count towards your device’s peer limit.

How do I make sure the application I want to protect uses the SpeedFusion Cloud?
You can use outbound policy to ensure that traffic from a specific application goes through the SpeedFusion Cloud. Define your source traffic as “any” and select your application under “protocol”. Select “enforced” as your algorithm, and finally select the SpeedFusion Cloud as the enforced connection.

How do I check my SpeedFusion Cloud usage?
You can check your SpeedFusion Cloud usage on the dashboard of your router’s WebUI.

What SpeedFusion technologies are available on the SpeedFusion Cloud?
The SpeedFusion Cloud supports full Bandwidth Bonding and WAN smoothing.

Will there be a list of SpeedFusion Cloud endpoints to choose from?
The SpeedFusion Cloud will automatically choose the endpoint that is nearest to your device.

Where do I go if I need help with the SpeedFusion Cloud?
Feel free to start a thread in the forum, this place is regularly visited by engineers. Otherwise, you can open a support ticket. (Peplink Ticketing System)

If a top up’s allowed usage is used up before the expiry date, would I be able to purchase the same plan again?
Yes, when the allowed cloud usage is used up, you may purchase any plan to top it up. The expiry date will be updated to the latest purchase date.

If the expiry date has passed and I still have allowed usage available, would I get this added to my new plan purchase?
No, if the expiry date has passed, any remaining cloud usage will not be carried forward. This is similar to a mobile phone data plan. The system will be reset when the expiry date is over.

17 Likes

Watch this video to learn what is SpeedFusion Cloud.

1 Like

Will this be made available to the public or will it remain exclusive to partners?

1 Like

This is scheduled to be announced to the public tomorrow Mar 24, US time.

2 Likes

Really nice (and very thoughtful and considerate) work on this, folks. Really.

Quick question: We interpret the quote below to mean if two PepVPNs are already in use and an optional (5/20) license has not been added the new SF will not be “counted” against this total. Correct? We just tried it and the attempt was rejected because the number of PepVPNs were at maximum. Maybe we misunderstood?

1 Like

Hello Peplink Team,
For devices like the MAX Transit Duo, if these devices do not have the optional SpeedFusion licence, will the device need the additional SpeedFusion licence first for SpeedFusion Cloud to still work?
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Rick-DC, from the firmware download page:

Known Issue:
SpeedFusion Cloud cannot be enabled if the Number of PepVPN SpeedFusion Peers is fully used by existing PepVPN SpeedFusion Profiles. For example, A MAX HD2 supports up to two PepVPN/SpeedFusion profiles, if two PepVPN/SpeedFusion profiles are already active, SpeedFusion Cloud cannot be enabled.

I’m sure the team is working on this. Thanks

2 Likes

@mldowling, the MAX Transit Duo will work, as you can see my testing unit is Balance 30-LTE with base PepVPN option and the device is activated with SpeedFusion Cloud.

3 Likes

Hi I tried to connected to speed fusion cloud .

There are two profile here.May I ask why and how can I use them efficiently.

1 Like

This is available to all Peplink users… so it’s both public and partners. If your devices do not have SpeedFusion enabled, the new firmware enables it for the next 90 days. We hope this could help everybody stay connected during this challenging moments.

5 Likes

@Ally

Please check on the Walkthrough video as posted and that explained how you can use the two SpeedFusion WAN tunnels.

Generally “default tunnel” is main to be SpeedFusion bonding capability enabled while “WAN Smoothing tunnel” is WAN Smoothing capability enabled. You can easily forward the application traffics to the tunnels base on the application requirements.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply ,also I want to know how to check that wan smoothing is working or not? There were multiple options in previous speedfuison profile,like “normal”,“medium”“high”,how could I do some set to make this work on this Speedfusion cloud profile?

2 Likes

Editing the SpeedFusion WAN tunnel profiles is not allow now. WAN Smoothing “Normal” level is enabled and WAN smoothing tunnel also able to work on single WAN device deployment.

There is no easy way to check on that. You may need to perform packet capture to check the redundant packets sent.

2 Likes

Hi , Good day,

Hi tried to add my Balance 30 HW2 but the message is :
Model is not eligible for registration: 1824-6B8B-xxxx

also we got the addon key for another device with SN: 1925-8958-xxxx but while applying the message is:
Activation failed… key has been used.

Please advise

The message seems to indicate the license has been activated on the device. Can you try to check at the device PepVPN setting page, or, check the Event Log? You will see the message “SpeedFusion WAN Activation Key (100GB) is now activated!” in the Event Log if the key is applied successfully.

2 Likes

Yes , in the event log it shows activated and I see the option SpeedFusion WAN.
Thanks

3 Likes

Thank you very much for this!

This will be a big help for us here in the Philippines where I setup Peplink for a community on edge with very unstable internet specially this time where everyone is online.

Currently I am the one supplying internet for 3 clinics and a hospital in our area where most users are the frontliners.

Again kudos to Peplink team for this.

8 Likes

Where is the SpeedFusion Cloud hosted though, like what location? As we are in Canada so our customer’s can’t have their data routing through the United States. Do we get to pick locations or how do we see where they are?

1 Like

Hi there,

This will be also available for outdated devices?
Nuno

1 Like