Puma vs Maritime?

Cool but a maritime/vertical antenna would be way better suited.

A few notes from the many maritime installs I’ve been part of:

The 42G isn’t a maritime antenna and doesn’t have the gain and long legs that the 20G or 40G Maritime has. The 42G is a fantastic antenna, but the 40G is quite a bit better. Any particular reason this one was chosen?

I really like the stainless steel mount.

How far is it from this antenna to the router? We usually recommend nothing further than 20 feet total, especially considering interference.

Finally, the mast is going to add some interference / blocking. Many sailboats choose the far end of the spreader to get as much distance as possible to prevent that. Any thoughts about extending your mount or even doing out one side over the other?

You all are making my point. It’s hard to mount a Puma or Maritime series antenna on a typical 30-50 ft sailboat that does not have a dedicated antenna mast/arch closer to deck. The windage of either maritime antenna would rip this mount off the mast, and I know the cable length and bundle is a problem. This boat has a 10M extension to the router. Nonetheless, it works well for coastal cellular service. The maritime series was not an option on this vessel.

You can do what most do that dont mount on mast or spreader and just put some metal tubing at the stern/transom with a 6-10 foot height. Pretty easy and cost effective. In fact, the 42G may do better there.

I agree with the other poster that I would also worry that the mast might cause LoS issues/interference.

So not the right antenna, not the right location, long 10m run, if it works great, if not, several improvements can be made.