Potential set up issue

Hello,

I have the MaxBR1 Mini with LTE-A. I have my Peplink in the basement and two 50ft, 50 ohm cables running to the roof of my house. I have lightning surge protectors installed on both cables, then 2 Wilson 700-2700mhz antennas set in a MiMo ( X, ) configuration.

I only have Band 12 available and occasionally will hook up to Band 2. I live in Northern MN and don’t have much options for home internet other than the LTE solution. My download and upload speeds are around 5 down and 5 up.

When I get band 12 and 2 as pictured below I get about 20 down and 10 up! Just curious as to what else I can do to improve what I have.

Is there any form of booster or other way to set up the router so that I have better throughput?

Perhaps you can tell us a bit more. (And, please note that the graphic/photo you referenced is not visible.) What carrier are you using?

The best way to improve signal strength is to use a good antenna system which includes (nut is not limited to) good transmission line. Example: LMR400 or LMR600, not RG58, RG8 or RG174. And, are you certain your log periodic antennas are aimed correctly? The fact that you apparently periodically receive a better signal (which yields greater performance) suggests you may be “on the edge” and a small tweak may make a great difference.

Please forget the “booster concept.” And, there is likely very little that can/should be done with the “Mini” itself, except if/when the carrier environment becomes more dense you way find it useful to upgrade to the newer LTEA version. (Not sure it would help you much [or at all] now.) And, at some point, when you can “hit” more than one cel site, it would probably be wise to change to a cross-polarized omni antenna such as manufactured by Poynting (very economical) and others.

It would seem that the best “bang for the buck” would be to improve your antenna system.

1 Like