Possible bug in client list feature

Running a Pepwave Surf SOHO Firmware: 6.1.0 build 1419

I connected a new NAS to the LAN and it was initially using DHCP to get its IP address. Then I logged on to the NAS box and gave it a static IP address and rebooted the box. I logged on to the NAS box with the new IP address. A few hours later, the client list feature of the router still showed the original, no longer used, DHCP assigned IP address. It did not show the new static IP address.

The router also showed the NAS box as inactive, which is true. Like any NAS, this one goes to sleep after a period of inactivity, which may cause it disappear from the perspective of the router. But, it was restarted with the new IP address. Later, it went to sleep.

The NAS box is not doing any Internet/WAN communication, it is used only on the LAN.

Should the router have picked up the new IP address when the NAS was re-booted?

The DHCP assigned IP address times out after a day and by the next day, the NAS box no longer showed as being on the LAN at all. To be expected.

Hi Michael,

Client list shows the info below:-

1. DHCP client IP addresses which assign by Surf Soho
  2. Online client IP addresses which having outbound/inbound connection via Surf Soho

Your NAS is not DHCP client and no outbound/inbound connection, thus it is not appear in client list.

Hope this help.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like