PLEASE HELP Setting up WDS with 2 AP Rugged

I have a Rugged in the basement (hardwired), first floor (hardwired/being used for WDS), and second floor (being used for WDS).

I am having some trouble creating a stable WDS between the first floor and second floor. 2.4Ghz seems to work fine, but the speed is very slow. 5Ghz is giving me some problems. It will allow me to create the 5Ghz WDS but when I go into WDS info it doesnt show signal bars like the 2.4 does. It does show active Tx and Rx data. With the 2.4 I am getting speeds of less than 20Mbs and with 5Ghz I’m getting speeds of over 100Mbs.

Long story short I removed the 2.4 and left the 5Ghz. Came into the office this morning and the clients AP was offline.

I cannot get 5GHz to work at all for WDS. 2.4 works but is slow.

Tried on many different AP Ones (Rugged and ENT) on FW 3.5.4

Is this a known issue?

Went to clients house today and the AP’s refuse to create a 5Ghz WDS connection. Spent an hour doing exactly what I did yesterday to set it up and couldn’t get it up and running. Had to remove the second floor WAP to figure out what is going on. Second floor WAP only shows online when hardwired. Once unplugged WDS does not work.

@josephmlyons and @lucask, Have you enable encryption for WDS? If so, please disable it and try again.

We encounter this problem before and we have filed this bug. Anyway, it wouldn’t affect the connection or performance of WDS.

1 Like