PepWave SOTG Connection Problem

I just purchased a PepWave SOTG. I have a Verizon Pantech UML90 USB Modem connected to it. It syncs up fine and all lights are green until I start to surf the internet. After several minutes it looses sync (goes amber and blinks) with the USB modem. It will then resync automatically after about 5 minutes. This pattern continues.

I have reset the SOTG to factory settings, updated the firmware to surfotg-1.0.26-1260, checked for updates on the UML290 (up to date), the Verizon signal is strong but it still disconnects after several minutes on the net. It will remain all green for hours if not used to surf (whatever good that is)

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Base on the description given, suspect this is related to mobile USB compatibility issue.

Please follow the instruction given below for us to further investigate the issue:

Thank You

I am having same issue; different USB modem. PepWave SOTG; Verizon USB551L modem on the compatible list. Original problem is modem would not register on Verizon network without PC software on each device; SOTG cannot run this software. Trouble ticket with Verizon resolved problem; now device is registered on network. Connects for a few minutes at a time; then kicks off line, reauthenticates and works for another random time. Has been up as long as an hour; seems to work best and stay online best when not using internet. Also all browsers refuse access to admin pages; error message is invalid certificate and page is blocked (Edge says not recommended). Otherwise I am very happy with product.

Internet disconnected intermittently

1. May I know the problem is consistence?

2. Problem will occurs if you connect USB551L modem to laptop?

All browsers refuse access to admin pages with invalid certificate warning message

This is expected since self signed certificate was using by default. You may proceed with accept the certificate and access the Web Admin.

Internet disconnected intermittently

1. May I know the problem is consistence?
    Yes.

2. Problem will occurs if you connect USB551L modem to laptop?
    No.

New problem; prolly a setting I screwed up. Now smartphones can not find signal from modem; they have SSID and security but say out of range, even inches away. Unit did not come with manual; I surely could use one.

Please open a support ticket for further investigation:
https://contact.peplink.com/secure/create-support-ticket.html
Thanks.

Resetting Pepwave seems to have solved problems. Back on line; no connect issues so far; phones reading router again; printer is up on net and working. Thank you for responding.
Last step is to install NAS device, DNS321 to router by wire. Wish me luckā€¦

Thanks for the update :up:

The modem does connect but does not stay connected, then reauthenticates again.

Done as requested

Hi,

We will follow up with you using the support ticket.

Thank you