Pepwave max transit Bonding

Hi everyone,

I’ve got a network with 2 Max br1 routers on a Yacht with roaming cards used in Europe

1 pepwave max transit was bought as well as 4 antennas being used and 4 spare ones that was bought already.

As far as I understand to do Bonding on the transit we will need a VPN either locally or remotely for the bonding to work which will naturally cost a monthly fee to maintain?

I’m trying to get information on options to best configure the network.

Also on how necessary it is to add 2 or 4 more antennae.

Any advice will be appreciated

1 Like

Hello,

It is correct that you will need an aggregation point to terminate your speedfusion and benefit from Hot failover or Bonding (depending on the licences you bought).

We can offer you this service as well as architecture advices, feel free to send us your request to [email protected]. We also have data offers for national and roaming use cases.

The diversity antennas play a major role in urban environments, we have many deployments on dredging ships using only one antenna on the monkey bridge per modem.

Kr,

1 Like

I’m not sure what license you’re referring to being purchased.

It would be good to see a field test of the Diversity antennas somewhere

1 Like

Hi,

What @Venn means is that you need to purchase a SpeedFusion Bonding license key for the Pepwave MAX Transit DUO before you can do any bonding.
This unit does not support SpeedFusion Bonding out of the box.
Besides that, if you’re using the standard Pepwave MAX Transit, this model doesn’t support SpeedFusion Bonding at all.

When this is done, you build a SpeedFusion VPN tunnel to a Peplink Balance or FusionHub somewhere, for example in a datacenter.
This is when SpeedFusion Bonding happens.

We’ve actually deployed a solution just like this on multiple super/mega yachts.
You can take a look at complete solution we deploy here:

2 Likes